Bringing your child's mother to America

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickJames2000

Feb 19, 2014
I have a question. Can't seem to find the answer to this question. My girlfriend lives in DR and I live in United States and of course I made the mistake of being lazy and not going to store and getting condoms. You can guess what happened next. She's a week late and I wanted to know, if I get her pregnant can I bring her to America. I doubt she is. I know the child I can when it's born, no problem. Would this be more of an obstacle or a blessing in the sense of bringing them both here. I doubt I can bring her to America before the baby is born seeing that it takes awhile with immigration. I'm guessing to bring her to America. I still have to marry her first as well I'm guessing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have a question. Can't seem to find the answer to this question. My girlfriend lives in DR and I live in United States and of course I made the mistake of being lazy and not going to store and getting condoms. You can guess what happened next. She's a week late and I wanted to know, if I get her pregnant can I bring her to America. I doubt she is. I know the child I can when it's born, no problem. Would this be more of an obstacle or a blessing in the sense of bringing them both here. I doubt I can bring her to America before the baby is born seeing that it takes awhile with immigration. I'm guessing to bring her to America. I still have to marry her first as well I'm guessing.

i have 3 letters for you;

DNA.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I think you are jumping the gun. You don't even know whether or not she is pregnant yet.

Also, would want to marry her if she is not pregnant? If not, I would think hard and long about the situation.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Let me please repeat some excellent advise ......d.n.a. test.
Don't get scammed please.

drescape24

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Maybe DR1 could host a virtual wedding. In any case a marriage that starts off with a DNA test has a strong scientific foundation.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Offer to pay her health insurance, after the baby comes and you triple verify its yours you may want to revisit your original question.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I have heard that the US Embassy here Stongly Recommends DNA tests in the case of births to unmarried partners.. in that.. get it or do not get a US passport for the kid. Anyway, one man told me that it is just easier to say that the Embassy REQUIRED it so as to take the personal aspect out of it.

Information for Parents on U.S. Citizenship and DNA Testing

It will still be hard to bring the baby mother iif you are not married. IF you really want her there, best to marry her here and be prepared to show that you can support her there.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Holley $hit man I thought my life was Fuucked up. First you did not know what to bring to the famley for gifts I guess it is are falt no one said
Condoms are bad sorry. I know we helped you find the carwash I hope you put on a condom there God please say it is so. Then you wanted a
Nursing school not that you needed a nurs. My man I do not know how you are fixed for $$$ but bringing two people to the usa is a big and long
turm deal and that is if everything goes well. If it is yours send a check feed your kid .......... that is all.........

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
You have to marry her to bring her. Do you wanna marry her? D.N.A. Test is required by U.S. Embajada, I like that line best.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I had same issue but it was MY finacee and didnt required DNA testing. The process took approx 5 months and got her VISA and my daughter got approved for Birth Child Aboard. The total cost process is approx $15,000-$20,000RD.

I suggest get DNA if you are unparnter, the process will be longer. If you want her to come to USA, you better start file paperwork in DR first then go back and file I-130 with USCIS and that will take other 5-9 months, once approved, then it will be send to DR Embassy for final approval, once you get clearance, you all will be able to come to America.

Wish you all good luck!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Too late for a visitor visa. You can either marry her in D.R. and apply for immigrant visa or go for the fianc? single entry visa and marry her in U.S. Embassy doesn't always require a DNA test but it is a VERY good idea. Use the lab the embassy uses. Unless your future wife insists on going to U.S. you should seriously consider leaving the family to grow in the D.R.

I am having a difficult time getting my wife to spend enough time in the U.S. to keep her green card valid and as I said, you'll never get her a visitor visa.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Holley $hit man I thought my life was Fuucked up. First you did not know what to bring to the famley for gifts I guess it is are falt no one said
Condoms are bad sorry. I know we helped you find the carwash I hope you put on a condom there God please say it is so. Then you wanted a
Nursing school not that you needed a nurs. My man I do not know how you are fixed for $$$ but bringing two people to the usa is a big and long
turm deal and that is if everything goes well. If it is yours send a check feed your kid .......... that is all.........

Yeah! What he said!

Doogle

Mar 28, 2014

If you love her and want to marry her and be a real Dad to the kid you can do it easily. Get married in DR, file the paperwork in US (the child can be added to your petition when born) and see how it plays out in the year and a
half you will have before she gets the visa. What's the alternative, just say "get lost" to her and your baby?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Too late for a visitor visa. You can either marry her in D.R. and apply for immigrant visa or go for the fianc? single entry visa and marry her in U.S. Embassy doesn't always require a DNA test but it is a VERY good idea. Use the lab the embassy uses. Unless your future wife insists on going to U.S. you should seriously consider leaving the family to grow in the D.R.

I am having a difficult time getting my wife to spend enough time in the U.S. to keep her green card valid and as I said, you'll never get her a visitor visa.

Regarding your wife's green card. If she is going to lose her green card because she does not live in the US, have her turn it in for a renewable 10 year visitor's visa before they take it away. It is, for all practical purposes, the only way to get a visitors visa for a spouse. (I know some have done it, but it is very rare for a Dominican spouse to be issued visitors visa.) Turning in the green card for a visitor's visa is painful but at least all is not lost.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Looks like your life may be changing. This is a good time to start writing a book about the experience. Fasten your seat belt as you may encounter some turbulence.Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.