What happened to la ensenada????

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I used to go to the beach at la ensenada, before the road, when u had to drive along a track......
I used to go to la ensenada and park my pick up a couple of feet of the sea on the sand....... ( last year as well ).
I have even been to the ensenada on a 3 day camping trip.........
It could get busy on weekends and public holidays. When I mean busy it means u werent alone on the beach.........

Today, first time I have been back in over a year........

Buses parked all along the road.
Paying parking at the entrance of the beach. 100 pesos.
Literally there was thousands of people!!!!?! I couldnt believe my eyes...........
Walked all the way down to the end for a piece of sand......... didnt find it. People were on the slopes of the moutain at the end of the beach....... crazy.

Anyway the husband of a friend of ours, a lawyer, knows the owner of "el suizo" ( ironic since thst is where we are from....).
So they brings out tables and chairs.
It was like a tropical Ibiza.
Music blaring out, inside and out, dancers packed inside, the heat was rolling off them....
Outside lots of fights ( drunk fighting, nothimg horrendous )........ in front of families and kids ( more than nkt there own......).
Thankfully, CESTUR 6 man patrols and PN pickups driving up and down......
All day long they were packing the tigueres into the pick ups. God knows where they take them........ but not far cos 10 mn later the PN are back.

All in all badly disappointed because its not the calm, quiet, clean ( relatively ) beach of before.
BUT it has become THE place to be apparently. Everyone was from santiago or further!!!!!
And it is actually quite organised, security wise.
The big places have their own security on premises ( all wearing bullet proof vests!!!!!!!???? ).

It also made me feel old !!!!!!, and I am only 34..........
Everyone is dressed as a gangbanger ( if u see what I mean......). Girls very provocative........