Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still alive.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Still alive.

I have an insurance policy in Belgium due for payout and they are asking for proof that I'm still alive, ( a rather Kafkaesque scenario.)
    Apparently one goes to the local Mairie in Belgium and gets a certificate of the non-dead and that's it but I'm pretty sure that will not work in the ayuntamiento de Sosua so has anyone got any ideas or has done this before?
    I am guessing that a notary could do it but my broker is not sure.
    Any other ideas?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

send them a stool sample..............

3. Likes Bred, zoomzx11, Ken, Africaida, drstock and 2 others liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Or take a photo of you leaving a stool sample on today's paper.

5. Likes Criss Colon, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Better..... hahaha

just wrapping in today's paper might work

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a french joke about belgians........

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Pourquoi les belges font toujours leurs courses a plat ventre au supermarche??

Ils sont a la recherche des prix les plus bas!!!!

9. Likes Africaida, KateP liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to cause any alarm however,.....I received a phone call from our bank VP (this was back in the States) who was also a good friend. He said he needed proof I was still alive as someone had tried to cash in the insurance policy and had a death certificate, infact the policy had been paid out by the insurance company some 6 months earlier and the bank found it on my credit report! Even with my friend being the VP of the bank I had to prove I was alive?!?!?! photo, contact US Marshalls to take the photo, file with a lawyer for possible identity theft (dah, it was) and even go through the process of getting a new social security card. SO beware I am sure yours is on the up and up but I am always a little skeptical now!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmnorr View Post
    Not to cause any alarm however,.....I received a phone call from our bank VP (this was back in the States) who was also a good friend. He said he needed proof I was still alive as someone had tried to cash in the insurance policy and had a death certificate, infact the policy had been paid out by the insurance company some 6 months earlier and the bank found it on my credit report! Even with my friend being the VP of the bank I had to prove I was alive?!?!?! photo, contact US Marshalls to take the photo, file with a lawyer for possible identity theft (dah, it was) and even go through the process of getting a new social security card. SO beware I am sure yours is on the up and up but I am always a little skeptical now!
    Perhaps we all need proof that this is the real jmnorr writing this thread...

12. Likes Ken, rogerjac, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that if one went to the embassy with a passport and photo and perhaps a set of fingerprints with a notarized signature that they are yours, that should suffice.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would first contact the insurance company and get some details and explain to them that you are in the DR. Perhaps they can suggest the best route to go. Are you sure this is not your ghost writing this thread, ooou, ooo, oooou!!!!!!!!! Freakey. Stayin alive, stayin aliiiiivvvveeee.

LTSTeve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast