New 5 Minute Bus Shuttle For Febero 27

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Anyone rode them today and did they promised as 5 minute shuttle when OSMA put 44 new buses on the road, I wonder?

is this for to help feed people to get to the subway line and is it a fare free or same 25 peso per passenger and where it starts and stop?

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
It says here:

You will begin to provide service morning 44 of the 90 units buses were incorporated into the vehicle fleet of the Directorate General of the Metropolitan Service Bus (OMSA) and that before were to be used as a feeder route from Santo Domingo Metro.

This was announced by Director of OMSA, Manuel Rivas, during a press conference to announce the addition of 90 units, which were kept stored for more than three years in the Naval Base of the Dominican Navy.

Rivas said the buses, which have been delivered by order of President Danilo Medina, have been getting 20 to 20 because they are being refurbished.

He argued that the 44 units that have received so far begin tomorrow at 6:00 am to provide service and said that every five minutes will be picking up passengers at various stops that make up the route in the corridor starting February 27.

"We are pleased with the effort of President Danilo Medina, in the sense that this important service is now entering a process of substantial improvement, so our users can scroll through the corridors of the OMSA more comfortably," he said.

Also, the director of OMSA said that with the addition of these new jobs will be created bus, so you are asking about 200 drivers and as many pockets, which means an increase of 3 million 800 thousand pesos on the payroll of the institution.

He said they are implementing a maintenance management and a purge of those buses that the cost of rehabilitation is very high.

Link: Incorporan 44 autobuses nuevos a la OMSA - listindiario.com

Photo:
F98CA144-0B58-4675-94B9-62972EBD4E36.jpeg

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
If DR ban "conchos" then the traffic will be lot better in Santo Domingo then you will see at least 10 minute service instead of 5 minutes. I think DR needs to that, why? because most of conchos I see are old and out of dated. Its time to go green and have a cleaner air in Santo Domingo.

That is why Metro is building 2nd subway line to Megacentro then I heard they will and try to plan 3rd line and go all way to 7 total lines and if that happens, they will want to build a express rail to Airport and that will eliminate all taxis/conchos/buses and instead people can travel between faster in 15-20 minutes instead a hour ride.

I wonder when will SD ever become a effective city? Maybe in 2020? Hrmm

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
2020??? That's only 6 years. I predict it will take another 10-15 yrs minimum to get rid of the conchos.

Like it or not, the conchos are more efficient than the buses. It's hard to believe people actually get into them. I've long fantasized about a campaign to convince people to limit concho loading to 4 persons; one in the front, 3 in the back. Won't happen in my lifetime.

10-15 years? then you beat me, but I doubt, unless the President Danilo Medina can fix that y ban them and replace with a newer bus and more frequently so people can get around SD faster. I used rode on Conchos and I always get in with 2 in front and 4 sometimes 5 in back and it was a mess. That is why I want DR to get rid conchos, they are not safe and not effective. Get your own car or taxi or ride the bus.

Problem with OSMA, they will need at least 400-600 buses to be able to offer 10-15 minutes frequently in entire SD and operate better bus network and they will need to create some feeder routes so people can get around faster. Conchos are creating traffic madness in SD, that is why its take forever to get around like sitting somewhere for 5-10 min before it moves again. With the buses, it will keep running, regardless where you are. Just like in the USA.

Just because DR is too poor and cant afford fixing something like that but they create, rebuilt and remodel schools, roads, etc but not the transporation system? I dont get it. Seriously, they need to remodel the SDQ airport and add more hotels, bigger parking garage, resturants, gas stations, stores, etc just like in Miami.

If I was the President, I would do everything as much I can to improve DR so the world can appreciate DR at least.