Help! My former girlfriend says she will sue me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maze8868

Oct 28, 2008
Hi Everyone:

I would be very grateful for any sincere advice regarding a former girlfriend from Cienfuegos who says she will sue me now that I have ended our relationship.

I had been seeing her for 5 years off and on. I come to the DR approximately 4 months out of the year, with visits lasting 30 days each. I usually saw her about 7 days on each trip and we've never lived together. She is a very difficult person (stealing from me was just one issue) and I definitely ended it about a month ago.

I had been giving her about $250.00 a month through Xoom.com but now I am not willing or able to continue.

My question is does she have a legal right to sue?

I dearly love this country and the thought of having to stay away is a nightmare. I also rent an apartment and have expensive furniture which would be very difficult to sell.

Any feedback or perspectives would be greatly appreciated.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Perhaps you should post this question in the legal section and if you are lucky Dr. Guzman will answer it.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Spending 7 days about 4 times a year and she gets 10 K pesos a month !
Wow I am speechless !
I am hoping she wins the lawsuit, routing for that cuero :)

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Spending 7 days about 4 times a year and she gets 10 K pesos a month !
Wow I am speechless !
I am hoping she wins the lawsuit, routing for that cuero :)

I am not very familiar with the law in the D.R. but if they never have gotten married, have no children together and have never lived together I don't see under what grounds she can sue this poor chap.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am not very familiar with the law in the D.R. but if they never have gotten married, have no children together and have never lived together I don't see under what grounds she can sue this poor chap.

sosua sonny are you for real.....this poor chap...he should be sued for stupidity

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
sosua sonny are you for real.....this poor chap...he should be sued for stupidity

Hopefully he has learned from his imprudence. You know some of these chica's with their smooth and silky skin and voluptuous physiques can cause erratic behaviour in any red blooded man. Present company excluded of course!!! :bunny:

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
She can't sue you. I hope she doesn't have a key to your apartment. Does she?

This poor chap has to worry more that she doesn't get one of her boyfriends to mess him up. She can't be too happy now that the peso well has run dry.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
After 5 years you have established a pattern of behavior. Why did it take you so long to figure this women out? I would stop corresponding with her and if you don't own property here than stop coming down or go some place else in the DR. Of course, she is ****ed. You have spoiled her and now the gravy train has stopped. I doubt she can sue you especially if you are from another country and simply disappear from her life.

LTSteve

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
of course she can sue you.

she can probably give you the best f&%k you've ever imagined now and it will go something like this......

Lets see, she gets a cop, claims shes your wife/live in girl friend, oh my she says shes lost the key to the apartment, or that you locked her out because your splitting up and she wants her furnishings, this is all going on while your not here of course, or hey even if you are here, won't matter much, just noisier.

Gets it all!

Then she goes to the Ministry of work, shows the Western union receipts as proof, that shes been servicing you as a sex worker and shes been on retainer for all this time and now you have fired her and shes claiming her "prestaciones" and they find for her, you either pay the "prestaciones" or next trip in you can not leave because of the "impedimiento de salida" she has had imposed, then you finally pay the damn thing and guess what, now at the mercy of Dominican Bureaucracy, it takes 6 months to finally have the "impidimiento" lifted, maybe.

good luck mo fo, your going to need it!

like any bit#h a dominicana can be real pain, but with the way it works here you can throw in a 10x multiplier!

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
I don't thing this is what JAK-Z and UGK had in mind when they said Big pimpin?!!...Take look in the mirror and man up.
GOOD LUCK.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'm kind of paranoid but I would change apartments!!

Forget about changing apartments. He should get the hell out of the country asap! This broad
is on a vengeful mission.:cross-eye OP: run for your life! I'm not talking about her suing him
she can't do that because they never lived together. He should just cool it for a while.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
She is full of **** about suing you. One, she has no case whatsoever. Two, it cost money to sue you, Dominican lawyers do not do Pro Bono.

Forget this bitch and move on. Just avoid her at all costs, and have absolutely no contact with her of any kind.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hi Everyone:

I would be very grateful for any sincere advice regarding a former girlfriend from Cienfuegos who says she will sue me now that I have ended our relationship.

I had been seeing her for 5 years off and on. I come to the DR approximately 4 months out of the year, with visits lasting 30 days each. I usually saw her about 7 days on each trip and we've never lived together. She is a very difficult person (stealing from me was just one issue) and I definitely ended it about a month ago.

I had been giving her about $250.00 a month through Xoom.com but now I am not willing or able to continue.

My question is does she have a legal right to sue?

I dearly love this country and the thought of having to stay away is a nightmare. I also rent an apartment and have expensive furniture which would be very difficult to sell.

Any feedback or perspectives would be greatly appreciated.

i hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you set yourself up for this. what in heck were you thinking when you got suckered into sending this leech monthly stipends?

sometimes i sit here wondering if there is no pu$$y where you guys come from!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
She is full of **** about suing you. One, she has no case whatsoever. Two, it cost money to sue you, Dominican lawyers do not do Pro Bono.

Forget this bitch and move on. Just avoid her at all costs, and have absolutely no contact with her of any kind.

avoiding her might be easier said than done. she probably has a brigade of chulos who were living off his stipend. now they will have to find a different source of funds to put gas in the Yamaha Jog.

Status
Not open for further replies.