Rules For Sosua Beaches

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rules have been posted at entrance to Sosua Beach and likely other beaches as well. Rules For Sosua Beaches.jpg

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
What? only the beach dogs get to go on the beach? that one is harsh,, harsh.. there is going to be a canine uprising.

This signs with different rules we have in Cabarete since longer time. The doggies still are doing their walk with their owners - mostly in a matter not disturbing tourists in the sunbeds p.e. In case the owners would take care, I do not see a problem. And - an important thing - the owners should have plastic-bags for the dogs-**** (I always carry this bags with me).

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Since when did any Dominicans follow rules. These are meant to be broken. Rules. We don't need no sticken rules!

LTSteve

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sure, lets see the enforcement. People who like rules are happiest in England and Canada. It they relocate to the DR they will miss all the regulation and order.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sosua Beach Vendor 1.jpgSosua Beach Vendor 2.jpgLarge police and military presence at entrance to beach today and yesterday. Bags are being checked, not just Dominican bags. This morning I saw the bags of a foreign couple being checked.

One rule that is not being enforced is the prohibition of walking vendors. As you can see from these 2 photos that were taken this morning.

May 29, 2006
If you had ever had your feet gashed by broken glass in the sand or hidden by the water, you would think that was a good rule. Presidente comes in cans.

Yes it's a good rule, just never thought I hear of it on Playa Sosua.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Politicians love writing rules and regs but it all slows down when they try and figure out how they will get us to pay for enforcement. Hmmm, how about a beach entrance fee?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
One rule that is not being enforced is the prohibition of walking vendors. As you can see from these 2 photos that were taken this morning.

I can't see that they do much harm as long as they don't hassle people. They are earning an honest living and I buy all mu casual shirts from them!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes it's a good rule, just never thought I hear of it on Playa Sosua.

I don't expect to see police checking for glass every day, possibly on Sundays, which are very busy, or maybe not until next Samana Santa, but they were today.

If somebody showed up with glass bottles, like the person in these photos, who had a 1/2 gallon of vodka, the police held the bottle until they came back with plastic water bottles and transferred the contents of the glass bottles to them.

To get these photos, i had to wait until there was a clear spot between me and the checkers. With the second photo, there was a momentary opening, but I had to shoot fast so was not properly focused. But it is clear enough to see the transfer of vodka.Emptying Glass Bottles.jpgEmptying Glass Bottles 2.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am sure it was 100% expected for those polishing of 1.75L of vodka to drive home!
As long as no glass bottles were holding the poison, all was OK.

A$$HOLES, how about save 5-10 lives with a breathalyzer this week instead of worrying about a cut tootsie?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rule #9: No Sleeping On Beach After 7 pm

Except during Semana Santa, it seems.No Sleeping On Beach After 7 pm.jpg