Hotel Recommendations in Puerto Plata!!!

tavarez1982

Jun 29, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I could really do with some advise.... It has been a bit of a tough start to 2014...

So I want to treat myself to a mid week break at an all inclusive hotel, local to relax and chill out.

Only problem, I have not been to one for a while... So does anyone have any recommendations on where to go!!!

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
Can't go wrong with Iberostar. Great food, room & entertainment. Close to the city also. I was at Barcelo last time, didn't enjoy it all all.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I like the pool at Barcelo. It doesn't stay open too late and like most it is presidente on draft. the food is not great. the little disco at night is not too great. But during the day the pool and the bar at the pool are good. I think the rooms are decent at Barcelo. Like most of them I hate that you have to buy the internet and type in the code all the time. Also the check in can take a while.

Pure is closed right now so you can't go there. But I do hear music at night and I think it is club 46. I have normally paid $100 for two people for Barcelo so it is cheap.

I stayed in Lifestyles booking with cheap Caribbean. Sometimes cheap carribean has real cheap deals but not for domincans. You have to have a passport from a different country. It was $50 a night for two people. But I had to pay more because my girlfriend is dominican.

We took our moped to lifestyles and that was nice. We could ride around the complex and not wait for the shuttle. We were even able to park close to our hotel room. Our A/C did not work at our first hotel in lifestyles. So we ended up staying at both of the hotels that are right next to each other. Lifestyles did have the nice days beds by the water with jacuzzis. But you had to get there easily to get a bed.

I normally don't seem to plan ahead and end up eating at one of the buffets and not the restaurant where you have to make reservations. So maybe the food is a little better if you make reservations. It just seems weird to me to have to make reservations when you are on vacation. They also seem to book up fast.