Stupid real estat agent in Bavaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VimeaC

I buy a two bedroom apartment in Cococtal many of years ago and I am told by a very stupid agent in Cocotal that i need a title, or she cant sell it, i bought my apartment and there is no problem. i was to her by my layer saying she was a cocotal expert so i am surprised by her stipidity. can anyone suggest agent who wants to work. I contact other egents and nobody returns email or call. I have two bedroom apartment with no furnitures in mar cocotal, good location in entrance of the Cocotal.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
maybe I am stupid also, replying to this post, but of course you need a title if you want to sell you apartment. If you didn't get a title when you bought it many years ago, you actually don't have any apartment.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I buy a two bedroom apartment in Cococtal many of years ago and I am told by a very stupid agent in Cocotal that i need a title, or she cant sell it, i bought my apartment and there is no problem. i was to her by my layer saying she was a cocotal expert so i am surprised by her stipidity. can anyone suggest agent who wants to work. I contact other egents and nobody returns email or call. I have two bedroom apartment with no furnitures in mar cocotal, good location in entrance of the Cocotal.

You have more problems than you realize. The only person that sounds smart is the real estate agent.

Does your lawyer know that you don't have a title and has not done anything about it? If so, you need a new lawyer.

Before you have anything that anyone who knows anything about real estate in the Dominican Republic will be interested in buying, you need to have a title.

The fact that you were foolish enough to buy an apartment without a title means only that you were foolish. Maybe you can find another foolish person to sell it to, otherwise you have a problem. No reputable real estate agent is going to try to sell an untitled property.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
sure you need a title (with your name on it), for aparment if i'm right you don't need deslinde

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
A bit odd lack of coherency here. She said you need a title or you can't sell it. OK, did she help you get a title that she said you needed?

If this is all real, better questions are; Who brokered her purchase?; Who was the seller? The incoherency in my mind is that it seems she's promoting sale of the apartment on dr1. If she is, she is sly, sly, sly, and this would make more sense.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Multi-millionaires

I buy a two bedroom apartment in Cococtal many of years ago and I am told by a very stupid agent in Cocotal that i need a title, or she cant sell it
The agent is right; you are the ignorant one.

i bought my apartment and there is no problem.

False.
If you bought your apartment without a title, you are the owner of...... a problem.... :lick:

i am surprised by her stipidity.
Have a look in the mirror... :rolleyes:

can anyone suggest agent who wants to work. I contact other egents and nobody returns email or call.

Here I can sympathise with you.
You must know that RE agents here are multi-millionaires. You see, some of them do not even have transport and they want you to take your property to their office, with all documents and photos.
They'll only charge you a 10% commision, but will not do much to find a buyer.

Don't bother to take their business card.
After a few months/weeks they do not work there any more....

donP

Aug 6, 2006
How can they charge a commission unless the property is sold

Como quien dice. "?Con qu? ojos, mi divino tuerto?"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"STUPID"??????????????????
"Projection"????????????
Fact IS, you DON'T need a title to sell real estate here in the DR!!!
What you DO NEED, is a buyer with more money than brains!!!!
I mean the guy who sold his condo to YOU found one!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you EVER DO get a title, you will now have to pay the transfer taxes, and any other taxes/fees accumulated on your property.
"STUPID" Real Estate Agent?????????

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The thing is that many new condo buildings here are sold during construction and before the titles come through. I don't know the building or area in question here so can't comment on this one but I would be interested to know how old the building is and what the OPs lawyer at the time of purchase says about why there is no title yet.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The thing is that many new condo buildings here are sold during construction and before the titles come through. I don't know the building or area in question here so can't comment on this one but I would be interested to know how old the building is and what the OPs lawyer at the time of purchase says about why there is no title yet.

This is exactly right. There are several projects in the Bavaro/ PC area that where sold, finished and delivered without titles. Many of these units have been resold without titles or problems. Most realtor's in the area know this and the projects and act accordingly. If they know there is little chance of getting a title they do what the rest of us do. Run like hell.
Unfortunately many projects in this area where and are scams and it scares away new investors. Selling without a title is quite common but calling your agent stupid is not the right way to start. Perhaps check your attitude and grow some manners and you might find success.

Aug 6, 2006
I understand that there are some government fees involved in registering a title. I do not think they are very much. I can't see any reason NOT to get a title, being as the headaches that might come from not having one are many and unknowable. Hombre prevenido vale por dos.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
there are two "mar" projects in cocotal, mar1 and mar2, "mar Cocotal".... one has the titles and one does not "yet"... Cocotal had over 40 different developers, and most people get their titles.. Average wait 2 to 5 years ( very common in the DR on new condo development construction )...

I know allot about Cocotal because I spent time their researching before I bought somewhere else... I am not a RE agent..

Status
Not open for further replies.