Justice For Blanco And Others! How???

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
An awful day!!

Got up this morning, spent some time looking outside from my living room and saw Blanco limping a bit. He's an older dog, looked like an shiatsu, matter of fact exactly like this photo to the T if you don't know the breed http://0.tqn.com/d/dogs/1/0/-/3/0/-/shihtzu_iStock_KenHurst.jpg color is spot on!! I'm teared up seeing this photo

He was a male that was a stray but has been staying here in the back of our home where we have about 8 people living as a whole, (other house which has a few apartments) 2 or 3 other people would sometimes help him with food etc, (and somebody finally shaved him down since his hair was totally knotted, beat me to it) food and companionship was the reason why he stayed here often. He also played with Rocca & Bonkie every day, and of course I did what I could for him, giving him some rice and chicken and whatever dog food my guys had was his as well. So, I saw him limping thinking he got clipped by a car, started to look him over and found his heart was racing extremely fast, then a few minutes later his head started going side to side, thinking this was shock or he had epilepsy, ran in to get some dextramentosone but had no syringe, went back to him quickly since he wanted me to be with him, same reason I am sure he came to look for me in the first place and then the foam started and I knew!!! (poisoned!!!

It was over, was not quick at all!!!!! I held him the entire time, had to be a good 30 minutes before he went, I totally lost it as I knew he was going, such a horrible thing to watch. I wanted so bad just to break his neck to stop his suffering, or wished I had T-61 on hand, used to euthanize animals. This BS needs to stop!!! those MFers need to be punished!!! We still have Blanco here and wondered if there is an agency that we can call to have him picked up and/or some kind of an investigation started since where I live, is enclosed for the most part..You need to open the sliding gate to come or go, so somebody knows what happened or they did this! And now I worry for my dogs that also stay/roam in the backyard as well...Both are inside now and that is where they will be until we move hopefully around June 10th... I'm in Santiago, so any info on who I may contact would be very helpful and appreciated...I know CCCCC just went through this too, and I think Harley lost 3 dogs, so who's dog is next?? Seems Santo Domingo, Santiago and Puerto Plata are key for this cruelty to animals..

As for Rocca (Update) She is walking again after a Month of not being able, but her Pelvis did not set that well on its own just as I figured...Her hind legs still fall open at times when she gets up, or tries to jump up. So, She is certainly not her old self and still very young at only 1 Year's old. Over all, just glad she is still with us, she's a great dog, rescued her at only 2 weeks of age...Hopefully more time will tell...

Thanks

Anthony

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Unfortunately, this happens all over DR, not just those three cities. We had a lovely boxer poisoned years back - they simply toss a poisoned food over the wall, no one needs to come inside.

Don't waste your time, there will be no investigation.....

Skynet I didn't lose 3 dogs to poisoning, one died that we thought may be poisoning but after tests we were told it wasn't. She was a sickly dog from the start.

I am very sorry you had to go through that!
We don't have our dogs out at night bc we are frightened about this and our gardner checks around the yard every am for weird things that could have been thrown in as people can't get in our yard very easily either.
It's sickening that some just do this for fun, happens where we are from too but obviously not to the extent it happens here.

I am glad your other dog is able to walk around!