Calling All Costambar Animal Lovers!

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
In response to the recent poisonings of several beloved beach dogs, a new group has formed -- Costambar Animal Lovers (CAL) -- and we are offering a 10,000 peso reward for information that will identify the guilty party. In addition, the group is seeking other volunteers and donations to help develop other programs and activities promoting the well being of all Costambar animals. Information about poison and poison kits will be available. And some of the beach dogs will be trained to help them be less aggressive and better behaved. For more information about helping PM me for now. A facebook page is coming soon.

Judy

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i wish you the best of luck. i did not even know there were any poisoning in costambar at all until few days ago. i walk my dogs every day (on a leash) and i will pay special attention that they do not eat anything (occasionally they manage to grab chicken s**t). do you know what poison is being used? i was told it is different from the usual tres pasitos.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Beloved beach dogs?

Are these "beloved beach dogs" the same animals that:
1.Require people walking in Costambar streets to carry large sticks to protect themselves?
2.Continually run through the streets at night, knocking over garbage pails?
3. ****ing on the sand two feet from your chair or blanket?
4. Waking up the neighborhoods as they pass by the houses with watch dogs in the middle of the night?

Please clarify.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hi Buzzard...I guess "beloved" is subject to interpretation but don't be mad about my word choice...it was almost tongue in cheek. I personally love all dogs...good/bad/mediocre...but I don't personally live nearby or have a problem with them. I do know that this new group is aware that the behavior of the dogs needs to improve and will be trying to help with that. Many people already try to help with neutering and also re-homing them when possible. I definitely understand the concern expressed with your questions/comments... I personally just don't think poisoning them is the answer...it's very cruel. On the other hand, it's very easy for the dogs to cause problems. Any ideas you have about what else can be done would be welcome. Let's not bash the beach dogs or those trying to help them. Let's work together to help solve any problems, says Pollyanna... :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am not bothered by the beach dogs, beach goers are far worse. a howling dog can be chased away with carefully aimed stone. a car playing loud bachata all day long cannot.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Hi Buzzard...I guess "beloved" is subject to interpretation but don't be mad about my word choice...it was almost tongue in cheek. I personally love all dogs...good/bad/mediocre...but I don't personally live nearby or have a problem with them. I do know that this new group is aware that the behavior of the dogs needs to improve and will be trying to help with that. Many people already try to help with neutering and also re-homing them when possible. I definitely understand the concern expressed with your questions/comments... I personally just don't think poisoning them is the answer...it's very cruel. On the other hand, it's very easy for the dogs to cause problems. Any ideas you have about what else can be done would be welcome. Let's not bash the beach dogs or those trying to help them. Let's work together to help solve any problems, says Pollyanna... :)

A dog is a dog regardless. No dog wants to be a street dog... they all want loving homes and unlike humans dogs have a much harder time finding a home once on the street. Yes I said unlike humans because if we want something we will make it happen. A dog depends on human help to save them.

If I ever saw you or anyone beating a street dog I would defend the dog over a human any day.

Maxie143

Jun 3, 2010
Judy - please let us know when the FB page is up. Sure hope it wasn't the beach dog that caught fish all day. He was my afternoon entertainment.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That "Reward Plan" is not going to help.
You should be careful about accusing someone of poisoning a dog using "Information" given by someone else.
Plus, what do you plan to DO with the "Information"?????
"Animal Poisoning/Abuse", is not a priority for police here!
Where is the proof?
Defamation law suits are VERY common here.
The "Government" has poisoned more dogs than anyone else here!
I like dogs to, but "Calm Down", and come up with a more effective, long term plan.
"Spay & Neuter" is effective!
They should use that on people here too!
They breed like,:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC