Am I Missing a Mall?

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)

Hello,

I have visited Agora Mall and Blue Mall. Are there any other malls in S.D. that are a "must see" that I have missed?

Such a mall could be a "must see" for any reason. I am mostly a window-shopper and people-watcher.

Thank you!

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Diamond Mall is a classic

is the candy shop still there?

Sambil is worth a one time visit as far as I am concerned, will not go back.

g'luck

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
there is mega centro but it doesnt have anything special, but since you like window shopping and people looking, i guess it will do for you

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
The Reason?

@ all --

You have recommended the following malls which I have not visited: 360, Acropolis, Diamond Mall, and Sambil.
A mall is a mall is a mall! Although I am "only" window shopping, I don't want to visit a "new" mall and see the same things I saw at the last mall!

So, of these malls, is there anything PARTICULAR about any of them, that would make them different from Blue Mall or Agora Mall, that would justify a visit?

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
Sambil has an aquarium but of course there is an entrance fee (I have no clue what that is). 360 is across the street from Agora and housed in the shopping center with the Ferritera Americana (Hardware Store). Acropolis had a TGI Friday if you crave that. One other small mall of sorts is at the Nacional Supermarket on Lincoln and 27th of February - you will find that the Cuesta there differs from the one in La Zona and the one in Agora - different items.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Agora has Nathan's

365 has Fudrucker's but they use local beef so it was sorta a disappointment for me.. for folks who have never been to the States and don't know the difference, it is fine.

They have another bed and bath store as well, where I finally found spice containers.. Also amazingly good notebooks, almost as good as Brookstone.. well not as good.. but an interesting shop.

And, for the record, I priced fridges at Americana, La Sirena, and Cucarcarah or whatever it was called.. and Americana came out with the best prices.. who would have thunk it.

(for old timers who followed my fridge saga before, the evil landlady kept my fridge, and I got a real cheapo for this apartment.. which acutally Pees.. as well as frosts.. Now i do not mean there is a little bit of water, there is actually a pint of water a week.. anyway, a friend needs it and it has been a year which is all I said it had to last)

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Report on 360 Mall (With Special Surprise)

Last week, I took a guagua and Metro Line 2 to Agora Mall, then walked to 360. 360 Mall is slightly lower scale than Agora Mall but still worth a visit if you want to find that "special thing." For example, in the culinary shop, I found some nice African baskets -- and much more.

If you are walking from Agora Mall, you have to scoot across John F. Kennedy Expressway. It's ten lanes but does have signals and pedestrian crosswalks. Be careful!

On the way you will pass IKEA--worth a visit. Special Surprise: Even better, for those interested in computing accessories, I found at Office Depot the best selection of peripherals, mice and keyboards, that I have yet found in S.D. --and at low prices. I purchased a Logitech English 104 key keyboard, USB, for $RD 490.00. That's an excellent price! They also have mice as low as about $RD 250 -- the same price as Walmart. The selection is very wide. You will pass Office Depot after IKEA as you walk towards 360. It's in a shopping complex.

On the way back to Agora Mall, you can take the pedestrian overpass BUT there is no pedestrian access via the expressway, so you have to wend your way along side streets back to Lincoln.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
I rather pick Agora than any mall in SD

Second that. Plus, if you need a "fast food" binge, there is no better choice! Also, if you are taking the Metro (Line 2), it is across the street -- plus walking distance to IKEA and 360. And one more station to Churchill. In this way, you could call it a hub for a day trip.

The "best" mall is Blue Mall but it is the most upscale and, therefore, maybe not the best for most. But great AC and window-shopping . . .