Founder Of Casa Bader Dies

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Que sera de LUla y Sisi no recuerdo si eyos tambien murieron, aunque me parece que la senora Lula murio cuando yo aun vivia en Santiago, very traditional this place, the coldest Presidente beers ever.

The seats used to be boxes of Presidete beers full of empty bottles, I went there many times in my life...

The best quipe ever!

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Many years ago it was the only place a wife would gladly allow her husband to go to. No women were ever allowed beyond the front beer boxes...in fact even that was a relatively "new" concession...generally speaking in the 60s and 70s NO women were allowed..
The beer was COLD, those freezers were great and you could go and be "with the guys"...many a time with one of my brother's in law it was an all day affair. The Quipes are still the staple but, like most things, it has changed and there are shemales sitting out back...where WE used to be alone.....Dang.

This family is part of Santiago's history...and even the present generation speaks Spanish with a heavy Lebanese accent.

Rest in peace Lulu...

HB

cocoleka

Sep 7, 2007
Bader was the place I went on my first date with my Dominican wife 10 years ago.. (Chaparroned by her 5 brothers AND her father.) I still go there at least 1-2 x's a month when I'm in town. Quipes have gotten expensive and clientele definitely changed a bit but still the best place I know of in Santiago. RIP Lulu.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
oh yeah I remember the place and the old lady on the wheel chair. my friends used to hang out there on saturdays and I used to go there for a cold one and quipes.
RIP.
AZB

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Had to lookup quipes. We called it Kibbeh (fried Kibbeh to be exact) in Dearborn, MI where I grew up. Amazed you can get them down here. Do they sell raw Kibbeh?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They didn't go to "Chaparron", they went to eat for FREE!
I made the mistake of taking my wife's family to "Vesuvios" in SD.
WHO KNEW they all liked "Langosta"????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Yes, I went there many times, especially on Saturdays to read El Listin Diario. The lady's name was Lula. There was an other guy the name of Momo. Must of them are now dead.. Believe it or not I had credit there and would drink and eat and pay when my Mom would send me money from NY... cool sh*t ..

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Had to lookup quipes. We called it Kibbeh (fried Kibbeh to be exact) in Dearborn, MI where I grew up. Amazed you can get them down here. Do they sell raw Kibbeh?

they are not as tasty as in dearborn but some arab dominicans can make them good enough. the majority of dominicans that make kibbeh have no clue how to make them as tasty as we get in middle-eastern restaurants. Casa bader did make raw kibbeh but its not my thing.
AZB

julius

Feb 27, 2007
I would be surprised if Bader survives one more year. Is not even close to the action it had at noon. The end started years ago when the Justice Palace (just around the block) was moved to another location. The gossip and camaraderie of young professionals in all works of live was truly congenial.
Visited them last February and the place was dead for the 2 hours that I was sitting in the front area. Tonton looked quite frailed that day clearly showing that the end was near.
Lula with Momo in the back completed the essence of Bader during the 70's and 80's.