Best Typico Dominicano New Juan Dolio

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
On my trip in May I had the pleasure of eating in a small restaraunt named El Conejo. It is in new Juan Dolio just west of the Hotel Merdiana 2. The place is small and outdoor. The usual menu I like is the Bandera. The Flag. That includes a meat, rice and beans and some salad. This restaraunt has that in pork, beef or chicken. The prices are very low compared to other Juan Dolio restaraunts. They also usually have crab croquetts on a regular basis that are delicious. The chef serves one the best plates I have ever tasted, and the portion is always perfect. You are never stuffed or left unsatisfied. Nothing fancy just good tasting fair priced food. Just the way I like it and what I like about DR. Triple A (Thats what I call him) comes out and makes sure you are happy with the food. He is very proud and takes great pride in his culinary skills. I am a fan of DR cooking and now I haunt this place like a pirate ghost that buried treasure in the kitchen. Please visit him and get lunch or dinner. Because if this place closes I will cry like a baby!

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
The location is terrible, with a view of the old, abandoned and ghostly Sheraton in front, with dogs all over the place.
He would be wise to move to a better location, where his rent will be higher but he would have much more exposure and potential clients.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
That is true the view is not good. I thought that was Sun Village the Canadian scam. Oh well not that important. I dont see more dogs there than anywhere else in Juan Dolio. I am there for the food not the ambiance. I stay on the bright side in this case. I look at that abandoned building as what it could be not what it is. The fact is that this man can cook. With buisness mostly on Fridays and Saturdays maybe this location is all he can afford. Its a gem in the rough.