He's Baaaaaaaaaaaack. Here's Leonelllllllllllllllllllll

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Still better than Hipolito or any other of the PRD...

If this guy is better than other presidents, then DR has a problem in terms of people who are really fit to be president! This guy is probably the most corrupt guy that the country has ever known! Nepotism was his MOTTO! smh

May 12, 2005
DR has term limits. The President is currently limited to 1 term. Leonel had it changed to 2 so he could run again and then it got changed back to just 1 term. So after sitting out 4 years Leonel is free to run again.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
DR has term limits. The President is currently limited to 1 term. Leonel had it changed to 2 so he could run again and then it got changed back to just 1 term. So after sitting out 4 years Leonel is free to run again.
No, Hippolito had it changed, but he lost. Leonel had it changed back to one.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The names and faces of the corrupt politicians change but not much else. What is the difference to the country in the long run? Very little. Do any of you really follow Dominican politics for anyghing other than a good laugh from time to time?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The names and faces of the corrupt politicians change but not much else. What is the difference to the country in the long run? Very little. Do any of you really follow Dominican politics for anyghing other than a good laugh from time to time?

Actually, after Leonel succeeded Hippolito I thought there would be a difference, that there would be investment in basic education and health care, that corruption would be, maybe not rooted out, but certainly not tolerated or promoted. I was wrong; I was a newbie then. The people got a Metro and more sophisticated cronyism, corruption continued apace. I was not laughing. Medina has done a good job during his term, perhaps he hasn't done as much we'd all like, but he's done a good job nonetheless. We can only ho;e that Leonel will want his legacy be better than what he demonstrated in his previous eight years as president.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Triple C

... We can only ho;e that Leonel will want his legacy be better than what he demonstrated in his previous eight years as president.

There is no hope.
He is corrupt, cunning and conceited.

donP

El-Jefe

Jun 28, 2014
The only difference between the PRD and the PLD?

If the PRD wins the election, my friends get botellas and contracts.......and rob the government

If the PLD wins the election, your friends get botellas and contracts..............and rob the government