Another company struck gold in DR

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Can someone explaining the gold industry in DR?

2 Canadian companies have no struck gold in DR. I was just reading this article http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...iner-finds-gold-in-western-Dominican-Republic

Shouldn't you have to own land to lay claim to gold you find there? Or do these companies own the land before knowing if there is or isn't gold??

If not the land owners - how could you find gold and just mine it and keep it ---- if not the land owner, wouldn't it become the property of the government.

So confused............

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
In an area where there is a chance of finding minerals title is passed sans mineral rights. Usually this is done in agrarian areas where people want to farm the land that isnt being drilled or mined currently or if the current strike has been played out.

As mining and drilling technology get better sites can be revisited. Usually the current landowner gets a small percentage for allowing the mining company access.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Ok got it.

In an area where there is a chance of finding minerals title is passed sans mineral rights. Usually this is done in agrarian areas where people want to farm the land that isnt being drilled or mined currently or if the current strike has been played out.

As mining and drilling technology get better sites can be revisited. Usually the current landowner gets a small percentage for allowing the mining company access.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You may set an ALL TIME daily posting record, go for it!

[video=youtube;EQnaRtNMGMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnaRtNMGMI[/video]

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Like do you get off on following me around and encouraging me not to participate in this forum because you don't like my opinions/posts/post frequency... ??? Gwaddddd - leave me the F alone porfavor

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Like do you get off on following me around and encouraging me not to participate in this forum because you don't like my opinions/posts/post frequency... ??? Gwaddddd - leave me the F alone porfavor

Post something intelligent besides canned fruit miamor, you'll get to 500 posts with dignity.
Nobody is stalking you, or following you, puhlease, don't flatter yourself.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Post something intelligent besides canned fruit miamor, you'll get to 500 posts with dignity.

He/she, has a long way to go.................
39 so far today...........
It's Sunday.............
Probably bored and nothing better to do............:)

B in Santiago

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Bull#****. You have jumped on just about every thread I have been on with the same BS. I am sorry - but last I checked this is a place to go for information about the DR and if I want to seek out some help building out what I need to bring down vs can get in town ---- or to learn what Dominican fruit I can substitute for what I usually eat at home is my prerogative and not your place to stalk and bully me.

@ B - Damn right I am bored... I am back at home and it has been a boring and uneventful week on this side of the border :S

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
cjewell,

Come back to the D.R......
Never a boring day here.............
Warm, perfect for walking around.............
and looking at ALL the beautiful women............
Sorry, I don't have the pleasure of knowing if you are male or female by your name.........

B in Santiago

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I am female - and I cant tell you how much I wish I was down there vs. here right now.

cjewell,

Sorry, I don't have the pleasure of knowing if you are male or female by your name.........

B in Santiago

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I guess looking at ALL the beautiful women isn't going to work for you.........
But there are a couple of good looking Jewish gentlemen here.........lol

B in Santiago

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
cjewell chill out...so many posts. No offense but your kinda of all over the place. Clearly your missing here, so come home early and relax.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Can someone explaining the gold industry in DR?

2 Canadian companies have no struck gold in DR. I was just reading this article http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...iner-finds-gold-in-western-Dominican-Republic

Shouldn't you have to own land to lay claim to gold you find there? Or do these companies own the land before knowing if there is or isn't gold??

If not the land owners - how could you find gold and just mine it and keep it ---- if not the land owner, wouldn't it become the property of the government.

So confused............

These mining companies probably have a lease agreement for all mineral rights found.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
cjewell,

B in Santiago

You need to stop smokin all that dope.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Gold in DR. My somewhat novice comment. Yes you see a yellow shine in the rivers in some areas. Not Gold Mica. Sometimes you come up with appears to be a nugget. Not Gold Pyrite. I haven't pulled Gold yet from there. Forget metal detectors because in the promising areas are loaded with Black Sand and Iron. But this is the right Geology for Gold and other precious metals. My opinion you have to go deep into bedrock sometimes 4 to 5 ft for alluvial gold. I believe the commercial miners are using chemical extraction. But again my opinion not fact.

Feb 7, 2007
I read somewhere that in the DR mineral rights are 100% government owned, and the mining company can get a share for extraction, but the minerals are owned by the Government.

This is 180 degrees different than in Colombia, where I think landowners own mineral rights.

In countries where the government owns mineral rights, the setup is usually like this:
- Mining company pays for prospecting, and initial extraction
- Agreement is made with the Government for extraction
- Mineral company finances the whole operation, and gets lease rights, but benefits only a certain % of profits of sales over cost of extraction

So the setup in other words is: you find it, you finance it, but you don't own it, but you get your share for your trouble

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I find it works like this. Contract made. New president comes into office and wants new contract so he holds gold at airport until the contract restructured to benefit his regime. Next president ( probably the one who issued 1st contract ) comes back into power and process is renewed. That is at least if you are Barricks.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I find it works like this. Contract made. New president comes into office and wants new contract so he holds gold at airport until the contract restructured to benefit his regime. Next president ( probably the one who issued 1st contract ) comes back into power and process is renewed. That is at least if you are Barricks.

No it works like this. I find you have tons of gold. I pay your government officials tons of bribe money under the table to sign off on onerous contract where I get all the profits and have to give nothing back. I start mining and exporting all kinds of gold without paying anything to anyone. New government comes along and actually wants to get some money out of all that gold we're extracting and exporting without anyone checking up on us (can you believe the gall of this government? Actually wanting to receive some money). We say 'Yes' sure we'll "re-negotiate"...we do...everyone's happy...we continue to to rob them blind...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
No it works like this. I find you have tons of gold. I pay your government officials tons of bribe money under the table to sign off on onerous contract where I get all the profits and have to give nothing back. I start mining and exporting all kinds of gold without paying anything to anyone. New government comes along and actually wants to get some money out of all that gold we're extracting and exporting without anyone checking up on us (can you believe the gall of this government? Actually wanting to receive some money). We say 'Yes' sure we'll "re-negotiate"...we do...everyone's happy...we continue to to rob them blind...

The truth lies somewhere in between. Nobody held a gun to the government head and there were plenry of benefits going to the surrounding and to the government as well. There was a huge investment plus a huge cost of cleaning UP THE PREVIOUS MESS.