is it legal to drink and drive in DR?

J

Joe

it seems like everyone does it, and the police dont mind.
what a cool country!

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Everything is legal until you get caught. Then you can still bribe someone, even Chief Justices.

C

criss colon

Yes,having your wife and children killed by a drunk driver in the DR. is really "COOL!" Criss

E

El Jefecito

Wait until you hit someone and get to visit La Victoria..yaeh man real cool.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: La Victoria?Nah? Najayo!!!

No sir, La Victoria is not for me. People like me end up in Najayo, also known as Najayo Beach Resort Penitentiary for the rich and powerful. Those who go there visit only temporarily for a cool off period(no more than 3 months), and while you are there you have air-conditioned cells, with cellular phones, your personal cook, a maid, and errant boys(from the minors jail), fine food and best of all your choice of the best women in Dominican Republic, specially the Colombian girls from the women's prison who are brought to you for only $50 pesos to the guards. All the girls want is some smoke and you know what and the chance to get away and get into the action.You can also get girls delivered to your cell in a taxi from a Malecon Club that the name is something like Fantas.... Besides you can become rich there by lending money to the prisoners at a 40% rate. You can also buy a few cells and rent them for a $1000 a week! You also have the priviledge of having your own set of keys to get out at night. This is reform Dominican style. With the proper credentials and money, La Victoria is no different.

A

azb

Re: LOL TW

Damn TW,
Sounds like a great place to end up in.
Tell me, how do I get a piece of this action? Hahahahah
If its all true, then it wouldn't be such a bad idea running over a few motoconchos in estrella sadhala Av.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: What not to do to go to Najayo

The only things you don't want to go to jail for, even in Najayo are 1)Drugs, 2)weapons charge 3)Abuse of women, children, rape or Law 24-97. There is no bail for #1 and #2 plus very unsympathetic judges. For # 3, law 24-97 is as bad as getting the electric chair. Althought bail is permitted I don't recall anybody getting bailed out for this law. Then the minimum sentence is about three years(for just verbal abuse of women)If you get into the heavy stuff, like a brutal beating, you could be talking 20 yrs. in the slammer, that is if you make it alive before that, as the other prisoners and the jail guards hate abusers and may execute a death sentence during a blackout, which is why Dominican prisoners always stay with their backs against the walls at night. A guy who killed his mother and ate some of her parts lasted only one week alive and was tortured every day before getting a knife for dinner during a blackout. One guy I heard about who killed a baby had no visitors for two weeks, so the prison staff figured he had no family. He dissapeared and was never seen again. Nobody questioned his whereabouts! People get away easier for murder than hitting a woman. Beware wife beaters!!!!!

T

Tony C.

I remember getting so Blotto one friday night in Santo Domingo. I woke up sunday morning in some motel with some cutie on top of me screaming what a great lover I was. I threw a few bills on the nightstand and staggered out into the street. Turns Out I was in Bonao. How I got there without my car I have know Idea. I just Grabbed a beer and rented a car. Ahh The good old days!!!

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Tony C try that in Bonao again!

Tony: I want to see you try that in Bonao again and see which can run faster your body or your legs! You said it, the good old days.

E

El Jefecito

How times have changed...I always liked the old Victoria...gave everyone a nightmare or two. Had some good friends who spent a lot of time commuting between there and La Cuarenta. said they had some electrufying experiences...

C

criss colon

Re: is it legal to drink and drive in DR?/Tony

Wow ! Tony,so that was you! My "mother-in-law" is still talking about the guy she pick-up at a "disco" in "Villa" who drove her to "Bonao" on a "motor" had sex with her for 5 minutes,and gave her 5,000 dollars US! Criss

S

Scott

Re: LOL TW

Never a bad idea to run over motor conchos anywhere anytime.

How do they get those bikes to smoke so much? Must be a secret!

Scott

T

Tony C.

So does that mean you have to call me Papi?!?!?!?

C

criss colon

Tony C, I am so sorry! I have made a "Terrible" mistake! Come to find out it was "john,s" Mother! Criss

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

The only problem with La Victoria is that if a hurricane hits DR the jail goes underwater. During Hurricane George La Victoria became a scuba diving school with 79 drowned students. Of course, many got shot trying to swim away. It has been said that the jail turns into a sewer during a rainstorm with all the water being sucked into the whole it is built in. Najayo on the contrary is a fortress like construction. George was nothing more than a regular rainstorm there.