Holy week in March 2002

A

Annemarie

Regarding the holy week in the Dominican Republic, is it true
that during that week no motorsports are allowed ?
Pls tell me and when that happens.
Thank you very much
Annemarie

C

criss colon

Re: Do you mean watersports??

Careful Carol,in the US. "Watersports" has an "additional" connotation! Which "should not" be "performed" during "Holly Week"!Criss

C

Carol

Re: Do you mean watersports??

I can't think what you could mean Criss!!!

M

Marc

Holy Week

Holy week...see "Semana Santa" in the archives, there are tons of recommendations and opinions there.

I would personally not come on a hard earned vacation to the DR during Semana Santa.

marc

C

criss colon

Everyone in the country goes to the city.Everyone in the city goes to the country.Everyone goes to the beach.Everyone gets drunk,I mean "wasted",more than the everyday drunk of most men.Everyone gets into any vehicle that can move,and races on all the streets,roads,and highways in the country at top speed,the more alcohol the better! The "survivors" thank God for spareing them,and bury the dead.The number of dead is un-believable for a country of 8 million people! The number also includes;drownings,knivings,shootings,alcohol poisonings,electrocutions,and more.The radio and TV stations give the "running total" for the entire week.If the number falls below the previos years total the "Holly Week" is considered a "Failure!"So do please come,the more the merrier.Dominicans are "friendly" all year long,but during "Holly Week"they are "friendlier" than ever! Bring no money,they share everything!Criss

C

criss colon

Re: SOUNDS LIKE A PARTY!!!

You would never believe that people could "go" for an entire week without sleep! Eating,dancing,drinking,and srew--g the whole time! While driving at full speed down the highways!Criss "Come on down!!"