Orange store in Sabaneta ripped us off

Last month my wife went to pay my monthly Orange cell bill at the Sabaneta store, paid it and didn't get a receipt. She had never paid it before so when he said she didn't need a receipt she kinda thought it was odd but just left. Today she went to pay it for this month in Cabarete and the lady said it wasn't paid last month. So we paid for last month again...GRRR

I just found out it happened to our neighbor as well at the same store. So make sure you get your receipts!

Our neighbor contacted the head guy for Orange in this area and he didn't believe her, we are going to contact him too but I am sure he won't believe us either lol

I guess since I am dissing a business I have to put my contact info:

Easton Hector-Brown
829-838-1979
domgringo@gmail.com
Las Canas, GH

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If the employee was pocketing the money the owner sure as hell will not want to pay for it.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
The employee may have simply entered the wrong phone number in error...............

That's why it's important to look at a receipt and verify it was done correctly.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Last month my wife went to pay my monthly Orange cell bill at the Sabaneta store, paid it and didn't get a receipt. She had never paid it before so when he said she didn't need a receipt she kinda thought it was odd but just left. Today she went to pay it for this month in Cabarete and the lady said it wasn't paid last month. So we paid for last month again...GRRR

I just found out it happened to our neighbor as well at the same store. So make sure you get your receipts!

Our neighbor contacted the head guy for Orange in this area and he didn't believe her, we are going to contact him too but I am sure he won't believe us either lol

I guess since I am dissing a business I have to put my contact info:

Easton Hector-Brown
829-838-1979
domgringo@gmail.com
Las Canas, GH

Head back the same store and ask to speak to the store manager, Explain to him what took place and make sure that you speak in a manner as to present the situation as a possible error on the account credited with the payment. This will allow the manager to check his security cameras to first detect your wife in the store and her making the payment. As for what account got (or didn't in the case of criminal activity by one of the employees) the credit, he can determine that by matching the camera time to that of his journal on the registers.

On the other hand, if nothing is to come of it:

Lesson learned! Always get a receipt!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
This is the oldest trick in the book. If you weren't given a receipt and weren't smart enough to ask for one than shame on you. You can't rely on sales people and clerks to do the right thing in the DR. You should be one step ahead of these people. When have you ever paid a bill and not gotten a receipt?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"if the clerk pocketed the money". Of course she did and it was not the first time. Although there is no such thing as returning an item in the DR its important when you do not have the item in hand. My all time favorite is the light bulbs where you must ask to see that it works at time of sale and they have a socket under the counter to show it lights up. Just another little lesson on living in this country. At least its not a large amount of money as so frequently happens when gringos do something as silly as investing or buying real estate that is only pretty drawings. Ya gotta be paranoid because, yes, they are out to get ya.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Live and Learn.. When I first lived in LT, I went to the Orange store in town to get a new cell phone because mine was stolen off the porch table in my apartment. While I was there, a guy came in and placed a phone on the counter and the clerk went into the register and gave him a 500 peso note.... Gee. wonder why the phone was stolen?

Then later in the Capital, somehow, all my numbers to Western North Carolina stopped working. I went into Orange and they told me that my area code was wrong. that it was 919 which is EASTERN.. and I said 828,, and they said that did not exist.. and I said it did a week ago,,, and back.. and forth.. and back .. etc

I had to pay about 1500 pesos to cancell my contract and get Claro.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Annie
this happens all over, I had an ATT card for years. then the DR expanded their area codes. Tried to call 829 from the US. After talking to the techs in India. was told that was not a valid code for the DR valid was 809 this was about 2 years after the expansion. Also used to happen within the usa after an area code split.