Hi all new member Chris D

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Welcome to dr1..........
Make sure you don't spend all your time in an AI...............
See the real DR.............visit Santiago.........

B in Santiago

mudman24

Jan 8, 2014
Welcome Cdman

I will be down Tuesday to Pricesmart and Wendy's.....does that count :)

Welcome to dr1..........
Make sure you don't spend all your time in an AI...............
See the real DR.............visit Santiago.........

B in Santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Welcome Cdman

I will be down Tuesday to Pricesmart and Wendy's.....does that count :)

It's a good start, but you have to spend just a little more time.......
And a complete walk down Calle Del Sol is always interesting...........
But, why do I get the feeling you've already spent time here......lol

B in Santiago

E

elliebarnes

hi

hello all, me too new here...very excited to visit this forum

C

Cdman1674

Ok more flying in to Puerto Plata planing on renting a car. Have spent countless hours trying to determine the least worst car
rental company. Think i've decided on Ok Motor Rents ..... Unless someone has anything to add? Staying ten days stops i want
to make include Cabarete, Las terrenas any suggestions? Really looking forward

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Ok more flying in to Puerto Plata planing on renting a car. Have spent countless hours trying to determine the least worst car
rental company. Think i've decided on Ok Motor Rents ..... Unless someone has anything to add? Staying ten days stops i want
to make include Cabarete, Las terrenas any suggestions? Really looking forward

You're not making it very easy to give you concrete info. Do you have a hotel in Puerta Plata? Have you driven before in the DR? Is the rental company going to meet you with the car at the airport? Las Terrenas is about 2.5hrs. from Puerta Plata. Are you by yourself? Are you a beach person or have other interests?

C

Cdman1674

Flying by the seat of my paints

Do you have anything booked or just flying by the seat of your pants.
No Reservations. Getting a rental car and going staying where i'm having fun. Married traveling together late
Forties. Don't like touristy places .... Hate hawkers. Don't mind comfort a/c a must but not afraid to slum it somewhat. Drinking / scenic drives / good food friendly people. / etc. No i have never driven in D.R. But i've driven all over in Mexico even after being warned. And yes i almost hit a cow in a curve on a mountain at night, and i've driven were stopping is optional.....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Rent from National Car Rental. They are a long standing sponsor of this site, and for a good reason. They are reliable.

National Car Rental // Dominican Republic // Welcome

I'll second that - before we brought down our own car, we rented from National for many, many years. Never a problem, never a surprise charge, decent and reliable cars. Even accepted Entertainment Book discount coupons.