Village Caribe Vacation Club, a gimmick ?

B

Bogus149

Does anyone knows about the Village Caribe Vacation Club ? My parents bought weeks of vacation from them and we're unable to get what we want.. They're thinking about cancelling it all and they have lost over $2000 dollars in that thing ! They'll probably won't be able to have a refund on what they've spend wet so we wonder if that would be a good thing to stop the payments right now ? If you know something about that club, please send a reply as soon as you can !! Thanks !

Bogus149

D

Doug

Stop all payments immeadiatly....if you are'nt getting what you payed for and deserve ...stop until things are straighten out.....this is my opinion anyways

A

Anny Mosity

What is it that you can't get that you want? You are probably entitled to stay at your home resort on a space available basis.
The independent exchange company, RCI, will trade your weeks for an exchange fee and they like you to trade down not up.

This means that you probably will never get to stay at Disney or go to Hawaii in season. Maine in November or Arizona in September are more likely to go through.

D

Doug

Anny mosity....RCI is a reputable company from what i've heard...but is this the company this persons parents are with?

C

criss colon

Time share,vacation club,call it what you will, I have never met a "Happy Camper"! Put the same amount of money in the bank that you are paying to the "Club" and you can take your family where "You" want to go, "when" you want to go!Criss

A

aristoba

what can't you get what you want??
are they claiming to be full any of the weeks you want???
nobody is full in sosua.or likely to be.

doug and chris are right , you say you wont be able to get a refund yet. Do you have any hope to get any refund at any time?
IF so go for the refund.
Keep us up to date how it goes with the refund.

D

Doug

Criss!!

We agree, and you have'nt slammed me....what's up....lol....This post should do it though!!!

C

criss colon

Re: Criss!!/doug

Sorry,I used up all my "Venom" on some "Jerk" down below.He was supporting Al Sharpton,and Fidel Castro as men who are leaders,respected world wide! I,ll deal with you later! Fact is ,I don,t remember what "misguided" idea you were supporting that set me "off" in the first place! Was it golf coarses or what? Criss

A

anna

I sold Real Estate in canada for 14 years and never believed in time share, vacation club, like Criss said whatever you want to call it.I was in Sosua in 1999 and thought I'd try selling it. It was my dream to live there in winter. Each day I discovered more and more about how vacation clubs really work. Still couldn't see any reason to buy a vacation years in advance. I was there in Nov. and it rained a lot. I met a couple from Toronto who had bought time share, put their names in one year in advance and all they could get was one week in Sosua in the most uneventful month and had to pay $500 each for airfare and $300 U.S. condo fee for the week. This of course is on top of the thousands they already paid for the vacation in advance. Do the math. I couldn't sell it. I have to believe in something before I can sell it.Just my opinion.

A

Anny Mosity

Contrary to what many posters here are saying, lots of people are happy with their Vacation Club or Timeshare purchases. It is also true that many are not.

Whether or not it is good value will depend on how much you paid for the program, the maintenance fee when you use the weeks and how you intend to use it. If you were told that you can own anywhere and RCI will exchange your weeks anytime you want to go to an expensive high profile destination like Hawaii or Bermuda, you may be in for a disappointment. Your chances of getting a refund are slim too none so you can write off what you already paid and end up with nothing or pay it off and use it. If you plan to use your weeks in the DR or are flexible as to when and where you will accept exchanges to, you may well become a satisfied customer.

RCI is a reputable firm that provides an exchange service for timeshare owners who want to go somewhere other than where they are members. Your money and primary agreement are not with RCI, they are with the firm or resort that will provide your occupancy weeks. If you accept a smaller unit than you own your exchanges will also be easier. Exchanges to destinations with a surplus of weeks deposited for exchange are relatively easy.

Good luck.

D

Doug

Re: Criss!!/doug

Criss; I'm gonna shut up and leave well enough alone.....until we have something to really argue about!...lol

A

Abe

Here's a solution. In Cabarete, the Windsurf Resort is owned and managed by Canadians who have upgraded the property dramatically over the past seven or eight years. They have a Vacation Club approach that works for reasons that all their members around the pool will attest to. Go see Gordon, the Managing Partner, (or e-mail him at gordon@sunsetresorts.com) and tell him what has happened to your family. He would consider crediting the money your family has already spent toward a Windsurf Resort membership. It will work, it is part of Interval International, the exchange company chosen by Marriott, Disney, Hyatt, Intrawest, and other major brands. RCI simply cannot do what Windsurf and II together can do--and have done--for its members. When purchased correctly, for the right reasons, and in the right destination, vacation clubs work.