Another newbie...

N

Neno09

Hi everyone,
Not am I only new to the forum but I have never even been to the Dominican Republic.

I'm from Canada and am planning my retirement within next two years. I've spent last few winters in Mexico where I had a great time. However, I'm always looking at possibilities and DR was mentioned by my friend Bryan, who is also member on this forum. As it turned out, he knew little more than me! So, I'll be browsing this forum for hotel information and a good retirement place on the island!

Cheers!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome from a fellow Canuck. I hope you find what you are looking for. This is an excellent and usually entertaining forum.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi everyone,
Not am I only new to the forum but I have never even been to the Dominican Republic.

I'm from Canada and am planning my retirement within next two years. I've spent last few winters in Mexico where I had a great time. However, I'm always looking at possibilities and DR was mentioned by my friend Bryan, who is also member on this forum. As it turned out, he knew little more than me! So, I'll be browsing this forum for hotel information and a good retirement place on the island!

Cheers!

If you have an income stream it is a great place to retire. I am sure you are familiar with the Canadian laws in re: to maintaining your health benefits and the amount of time you can spend outside the country. Additionally keep in mind if you are going to come here to retire part of the year than you will need to apply for temporary residency which will cost you about $1200-1500usds. Check out Las Terrenas and the Samana Peninsula. It is a beach town with no all inclusives. There are many Europeans living here. Majority is French, but also Italian and German, Great Britian and Swiss. Yes, there are some Canadians and Americans. You can fly directly from Canada into El Catey / Samana (AZS) and you are 1/2 hour away from Las Terrenas. If you like the beach this area has some of the best in the country. There is a lot of info on the net. Check it out.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You will need $2,000 a month, MINIMUM!
"Chicas" cost more!
Be sure to only "RENT" them in 15 minute increments!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

N

Neno09

Thank you all for such a warm welcome... for now I'm coming only for a visit! BTW... Las Terrenas and Samana peninsula sounds really interesting! I hate all inclusive hotels!!! :)