drinking in DR

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dwflsj.jpg

it took me a moment to get the meaning of "vodka sower". "chop" took even longer :)

Aug 6, 2006
A"chop" is a stein of beer in South America.
It is a German term, I think.

Shot would be English, and is used for hard liquor.

This person seems to have confused the two in a most egregious manner.

No trae el muerto despues de las 6:00 seems to be more funeral related.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
the products of the Domincan education system. I love the governments literacy statistics. The big lie. Most cannot read fluently. Its like those guys who tell you they speak six languages but when you start talking to them you quickly see they only know a few words in each languange. Long way from fluent. Being able to write your name does not qualify as literate.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the products of the Domincan education system. I love the governments literacy statistics. The big lie. Most cannot read fluently. Its like those guys who tell you they speak six languages but when you start talking to them you quickly see they only know a few words in each languange. Long way from fluent. Being able to write your name does not qualify as literate.

literacy in the DR is basic decoding. put some letters together, and sound out a word. literacy in other countries has different standards. in Austraila, for example, you have to be able to use the word in a sentence. so, many people in the DR would be considered to be literate here, but would be illiterate in Australia, and most of the english speaking caribbean.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
let's just focus of food related stuff, ok? i will start, jd needs to keep up the pace!

1z2q7ma.jpg

Aug 6, 2006
Has anyone noticed besides me that it is hard to find Cerveza Presidente in the RD. All most places serve is President "Lite".
Is this some sort of national plot to prevent drunken fights between Dominicanpos, or just to sell more President (because there is less alcohol in the "Lite" version)?