Las Aviendas Son Zona Francas Para Delicuentes

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I live in Santiago. I don't feel it. But! I don't hang in bars, I don't associate with bad people, I behave well and I am on guard.

Fortunately, no problems.

Tom

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
I live in Santiago. I don't feel it. But! I don't hang in bars, I don't associate with bad people, I behave well and I am on guard.

Fortunately, no problems.

Tom
sometimes that doesn't play a part, I too am the same but was the victim of an attempted robbery just this last Sunday afternoon on Juan Pablo Duarte......

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
@ SANTIAGO ONE

You say "attempted" implying that they were unsuccessful. Can you elaborate on what transpired?

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
Sure, I was heading north on Juan Pablo Duarte about 2PM Sunday afternoon.... Mon - Fri its pretty busy over here in the afternoon but Sunday there is not much activity or traffic so its really quiet, as I was walking 2 moto boys passed me on JPD heading north, they made an abrupt u turn and came running up on me on the sidewalk with the moto ,when they came up - I already saw what was happening when they made the u turn and Instinctively began to cross into the street and by the time they got the bike turned around again around I was running into the Alambique parking lot and there was a lot of people on their outdoor deck, and they know me there in Alambique as this is my neighborhood. so I was good to go... anyway the guys on the moto took a look shot me the middle finger and drove off.....

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
I know! I thought about it and I wondered 'maybe they just wanted to ask for directions'....either way I was not waiting around to find out, ever since I have been here every street robbery story I hear of always begins with a man or two on a moto!!!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The only thing I am afraid of in Santiago is the windshield cleaner guys up from the Almarante hotel. They look like they have rabies , hepatitis and scabies. I just barely crack the window and slide a bill out. If I had an enemy I would pay these guys to give them a visit