richard1

Mar 17, 2014
hi just a post from a new member, i don't feel new, i am reading the post for many years. lived for 22 years in the Caribbean, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Puerto Rico, DR, and now in Belgium. I am a chef and planning our return to the DR over 2 years to stay there for good, with my DR wife and our 2 kids. at the moment busy to invest in some houses and apartments.
I will keep you all informed, thanks for all the information I am reading over the past years
Richard

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Good morning Richard..........
Welcome to dr1............
With 22 years in the Caribbean, and a DR wife..............
You must have a few adventures you might want to share with us............

B in Santiago

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Welcome aboard richard. i was just reading anther thread with a chef's wife asking if her husband can make a living in I am driving and I cant text. . I am sure she would appreciate your insight. Welcome to the forum.

i too would like to hear more of your adventures.

richard1

Mar 17, 2014
i am following the thread for a while, i think he is working a a cook or second chef, at the W.H. or us gov , they don't make a lot of money depends on the position.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Had to check because the son of one of best friends is Sam Kass who was the Obama's chef and he made $125,000 which is good money in any country.

Sam Kass (born 1980) is President Barack Obama's Senior Policy Advisor for Nutrition Policy and Let’s Move Executive Director.

If his bio is correct on wikipedia he is not just a cook.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

richard1

Mar 17, 2014
just for the information the W.H. Chef is a women Cris Comerford a Filipino-American from 2005, In 2009, Sam joined the White House Kitchen staff under Executive Chef Cris Comerford?s leadership as Assistant Chef and, in 2010, became Food Initiative Coordinator.

the original post said ( my husband is an executive chef having cooked for four a U.S. presidents during his career) might not be at the W.H. and its not clear if he was executive chef when cooked for four a U.S. presidents.

if he was and made a lot of $ there would not have been the the original tread