Is Passions reopening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
A little birdie told me that Passions will be open again very soon. Don't know if the source is reliable and really don't care either way..just passing some info on. Maybe Cuba dave is coming home:D

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have it on good authority that Cubadave has gone back to Costa Rica. He got the message loud and clear that he was not welcome in the DR. Passions will not reopen in our lifetime in spite of the hopes and dreams of many. Tourists now flock to Sosua to immerse themselves in the culture. The good old days are gone and they aint comin back.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have it on good authority that Cubadave has gone back to Costa Rica. He got the message loud and clear that he was not welcome in the DR. Passions will not reopen in our lifetime in spite of the hopes and dreams of many. Tourists now flock to Sosua to immerse themselves in the culture. The good old days are gone and they aint comin back.

i can just see hordes of tourists running to their travel agents to buy a ticket to Sosua to watch The Sound of Music on Pedro Clisante.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I have it on good authority that Cubadave has gone back to Costa Rica. He got the message loud and clear that he was not welcome in the DR. .

I know he went to CR, but wasn't aware he had been run out of Sosua. I hear he like many think Sosua is crap these days and so doesn't want to waste his money there. Interesting!

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Not my hope or dream but from what I hear today it is a fact..I don't know under what format or what type of bar it will be but it will be opening very soon. We all know theres always a few Police and Generals who need a new jeepeta..
FYI there are many people with more power and influence then the Sosua Mayor..

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
To keep abreast of the fast moving train of cultural events in the new Sosua one must read the Sosua News or failing that keep up with Kens posts. Ken has his finger on the cultural pulse of Sosua. Hopefully the rumor is true. Be a shame to see all the money that was spent to make Passions a household name go down the drain.

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
Would not be a shame at all..... good riddance! And I am no prude - I just do not like the way the proprietor operated.
Glad to see him gone. Would you be OK with a whorehouse owner approaching 14 year old girls in your apartment block? Then get all violent when you pointed out how he should feck off?
He already got run out of Venezuela - bout time he got run out of DR - sordid little scumbucket!!!

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Would not be a shame at all..... good riddance! And I am no prude - I just do not like the way the proprietor operated.
Glad to see him gone. Would you be OK with a whorehouse owner approaching 14 year old girls in your apartment block? Then get all violent when you pointed out how he should feck off?
He already got run out of Venezuela - bout time he got run out of DR - sordid little scumbucket!!!

Guess the scumbucket is back in business

Aug 21, 2007
Doesn't matter to me if Passions reopens or not, nor do I look down upon the choices anyone makes regarding their lifestyle.

But- the Sosua culture and arts center IS also operating on a regular basis, with weekly ballet classes, violin classes- whereby violins were provided to children to take home and practice- and art classes. Aside from the movie nights, things are being done there on a regular basis to support Dominican children and families living in the Sosua area.

Sometimes (and I am guilty of this, too) we only notice the things in which we are interested. So for me, I have no idea what is going on with the nightlife. And perhaps others are not aware of all that happens outside of their circle of interest with the children and families of Sosua.

I would hope that those of you who support Passions reopening also support the betterment of children and families in the greater Sosua area.

I want what is best for all. I hope you do, too.

~ Lindsey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I remember the last time Passions reopened and I remember the last time Passions was shut down. It probably will
reopen again at some point and it will probably get shut down again. Another year will probably pass by and we will
all be having this same old discussion once again the next time the little birdie whispers in someone else's ear.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Doesn't matter to me if Passions reopens or not, nor do I look down upon the choices anyone makes regarding their lifestyle.

But- the Sosua culture and arts center IS also operating on a regular basis, with weekly ballet classes, violin classes- whereby violins were provided to children to take home and practice- and art classes. Aside from the movie nights, things are being done there on a regular basis to support Dominican children and families living in the Sosua area.

Sometimes (and I am guilty of this, too) we only notice the things in which we are interested. So for me, I have no idea what is going on with the nightlife. And perhaps others are not aware of all that happens outside of their circle of interest with the children and families of Sosua.

I would hope that those of you who support Passions reopening also support the betterment of children and families in the greater Sosua area.

~ Lindsey

I'm a trifle confused.
What detriment could the opening of a bar/club, Passions or other, have on the activities you mention?
Maybe a little more revenue for the funding of them perhaps but that's a good thing surely?
Don't see the connection...

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008

~ Lindsey

How refreshing to hear from a person who enjoys their life in Sosua to the fullest..Lives in a nice place, eats at nice places and doesn't really care what some barrio chica and some desperate gringos do in a few bars at night..Just proving no matter what goes on in a certain few blocks at night doesn't stop people from having a pretty nice life in Sosua..

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Probably about 5% of rumors are true around here and maybe less. However, I could easily imagine that the owner of Passions is being told that he will be opening soon and paying through the nose to lawyers and such who are there to just give him false hope and drain him... Its what they do...drain gringos of their money...particularly ones with a checkered activity and money in their pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.