Good quality foam in Santiago.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Hello,
I knew a place before , on carretera Duarte (Luperon touristic road to POP) they should be there yet but they sold cheap foam.

Do you know a place where we can get good quality foam in Santiago?

Cordially

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
this is a sinking third world nation go to ikea... who would sell such an item to broke citizens who cant afford a macys bed...on sale go to ikea

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would check a good tapicerias. they get their own materials so they will know who has what and at what prices.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
this is a sinking third world nation go to ikea... who would sell such an item to broke citizens who cant afford a macys bed...on sale go to ikea

i would check a good tapicerias. they get their own materials so they will know who has what and at what prices.

you really need to combine these statements.

you may never find the quality you seek
but you'll get the best there is at a tapiceria.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a old school tapicera-Dolo or Dulo or something, I think-across the street from the old airport on Bartolo Colon. I've bought different grades and thicknesses there several times before.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
tapicera-Dolo or Dulo or something..thank you I will check again, it was cheap stuff here too 2 years ago.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope that i did not serve advice of a moron? tapicerias buy foam so they will know where to get it. in POP shops selling fabric also have foam so it may be the same in santiago. i'm just giving suggestions of who to ask locally, sorry if that's off the mark.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There was a month ago. Not a full store but order and pickup. I use it frequently.
They don't inventory anything there or have a showroom AFAIK, it's a catalog outlet & distribution only...

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
There is a old school tapicera-Dolo or Dulo or something, I think-across the street from the old airport on Bartolo Colon. I've bought different grades and thicknesses there several times before.

I think you are talking about Centro Duba.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sorry for the joking what is your foam for? sleep? sitting? packing aircraft parts? machinery? i have always found it difficult to buy the stiff packing type. i have recieved this in tv s electric parts etc..electronic equip. firearms...

Aug 21, 2007
Had furniture made here by a reputable furniture maker. After spending the money, I couldn't bear to sit on the sofa. The foam inside the cushions and pillows was intolerable. I ended up importing down from the US and redoing them. Much, much better.

~ Lindsey

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Thank you William, it is not for a bed but for beach mattress.
Shipping from NYC should be expensive as there is a lot of volume.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Then you will find that grade of foam easily....

I have it on chaise longues beside the pool, dog beds, etc

comes in varying thicknesses & quality at any fabric place

back to dv8's original post on page 1