FBI fingerprints

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
We came here in January2014 with a 90 days visa all correct paperwork. Went to SD with our lawyer to apply for residency. It has been 9 months now and still no residency, multiple different excuses/ reasons.
The latest reason is my husbands fingerprints which have been taken 3 separate times are not approved " they must be FBI fingerprint card used.?????

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get past this issue.....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Especially since it is the DGM that takes ure fingerprints after u fill the form in in front of them, on that same form.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Get a new laywer. There is a high likelyhood he is milking you.

FBI card in the DR?

This is the most likely explanation.

How did you pick your lawyer? On the basis of recommendations by others or price?

Dr1 is always a good place to check before engaging a lawyer.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You can't squeeze blood from a turnip? You (my fren) are not a turnip.
Typical. You continue paying and he'll continue bleeding ya. Try telling
him you are going to switch to a different lawyer. That should get the
wheels turning. If this doesn't work than you should switch to a
different lawyer.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
You can't squeeze blood from a turnip? You (my fren) are not a turnip.
Typical. You continue paying and he'll continue bleeding ya. Try telling
him you are going to switch to a different lawyer. That should get the
wheels turning. If this doesn't work than you should switch to a
different lawyer.

We have not added any more. Peso's ....so milking is not the cause..
Paul has been to SD twice now finger printed both time at the immigration office and once in PP at the police station. None of which are acceptable.

Mean while I got mine done in the USA for $5.00 but on the back of the card it says FBI so for some reason know only to god it is acceptable.

Keep in mind back in January none of this was needed OR so we were told. To fly him back to the US is not only $800. But living on a boat with generator runs is difficult.
Lawyer was recommended by several people here in Luperon...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Jan,

Why don't you contact dr1's in house attorney, Fabio J. Guzman..............
This time you will be paying an attorney that you can trust....,....
At least see him for "correct" legal advise and what you should do next...........

B in Santiago

malko

Jan 12, 2013
To the OP. Before I went to deposit all my documents in SD, I first went to DGM in santiago. The licenciada/head of office signed all my documents, filled in the forms with me, signed and stamped diffrent documents ( most of which I didnt need in the end but that is a diffremt story....) and took my prints DIRECTLY on the DGM form......
Maybe they can help u, they are actually very kind. Oh andmit cost me nothing except 100 pesos for the form ( but that would have also been the case in SD. ).
Residencia hasnt come through ( they say 3 months, I am half way there....).

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Oh and I did all this myself without any lawyer......

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Yea, stop worrying about getting residency. It's as worthless as tits on a boar.

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
My first Residency took 15 months to complete and I used Guido Perdomo who is a well respected lawyer in Sosua. I was told it was problems with Interpol!
I am now in the process of applying for renewal, the application seems to take longer than the year the Residency lasts for.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I am awaiting a response from Guzman.

Who is DGM if I may ask without sounding dumb.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My first Residency took 15 months to complete and I used Guido Perdomo who is a well respected lawyer in Sosua. I was told it was problems with Interpol!
I am now in the process of applying for renewal, the application seems to take longer than the year the Residency lasts for.

Renewal took me about about 3 weeks and is for 4 years if you are not a long term resident. Painful and requiring two trips to Santo Domingo, but that is the way it is.

Why the OP is having such a hard time with fingerprints, I have no idea.

Last edited:

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Unless u want to drive a car, get a job or/and own a legal firearm.......

I always have 1,000 pesos for AMET, working here wouldn't cover my electric bill, and I prefer my tazer and pepper spray.