Importing Animal Horns

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Where would I find if there are any restrictions on importing antlers, cow Skull/horns, etc ?

Not endangered species, just good old cow horns..... Texas long horns..... skull and horns attached.

Anybody got any information on this?

Thanks

Aug 21, 2007
Where would I find if there are any restrictions on importing antlers, cow Skull/horns, etc ?

Not endangered species, just good old cow horns..... Texas long horns..... skull and horns attached.

Anybody got any information on this?

Thanks

May I be so bold as to ask why?

Lindsey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I can't imagine there would be a problem WW. They even sell antlers in PetSmart for dog chew toys. Certainly not endangered.

Are these for a decorative purpose?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, to both of you... decorative

not like JR Ewing... not for front of my Cadillac...

Finca decor.....

LK.... going to a cooking class this week -- French Bistro style -- confits

here's the 'before' pix
Home

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Animal products are prohibited, are these animal products? Probably.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Ask them 8096875131

You do know how much of a headache it will be getting them to comprehend why............ Especially when you can buy a plastic one from Plaza Lama much cheaper.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh HUG,

I couldn't do the plastic...

like having a blow up doll instead of a wife/novia..... just not the same

for me- anyway:hurt:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I agree, but like I said, getting THEM to understand that (for the cost) will be difficult. Well, at the first point of call anyway.

Ask a guy with a pet shop to fly one in with his next load of doggy treats.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Horn(y) Powder

I have a mill.
You get me the rhino horns.
Then we sell aphrodisiac powder to....... CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :classic:

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I would to have them get there and be forbidden.... but my good mudanza might tell me...
Maybe your fellow would know.... but my Espanol won't be good enough to get the point across

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I just asked Troy, a buddy who imports his horse stuff. He said he doubts it would be an issue as there are loads of stuff that are imported for the home made from Horn and bone etc. Decor stuff, and come to think about it he's right.

The only issue I EVER had was at customs with a hand grenade and bullet belt in my hand luggage. I'd just stuff it in a box and send it. Find a sticker that says 'made of plastic in china' on it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I get it HUG... faux horns... fake plastic

like shipping leather goods as fake Naugahyde

seriously, thanks for asking your friend - I too expect few problems.

I'll bury it in a bigger shipment.

My friend got a serious investigation at the airport in PHL one time.... a spent shotgun shell in his pocket really got security heated up

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
he is a serious 'sustainable' farmer..... farm to fork guy

he speaks all over Canada on the subject.... a UWO MBA who gave up tobacco farming years ago when he saw the writing on the wall

T'burg wrote him off at the time... heretic, lunatic.... guess where tobacco is today and where he is.

Yup, his cows we eat.... Texas Longhorns