Water in Cabarete

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
We have been without water here for the second day in Cabarete (Kite Beach). Anyone know anything about when it will be restored? Thank you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good question. The government wants to privatize Coraaplata so a company can make everyone pay while the current government controlled "company" cannot. Many people steal water and they no longer have enough money to provide it to everyone. As to when water will return to any given area, that is up to when they turn you back on since they are now rationing water. I have no idea how the drought is also playing into this, while we have had some rain, it may not be enough to provide sufficient water for everyone.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Thanks Windguy, the water has been turned off along the main road that serves hotels and tourism. They did that at about 5-6pm Friday night and their office is closed today and Sunday. So I cannot get an answer from Coraaplata. Often they announce what is going on but this time they are silent. So it sure seems like a political move rather than rationing.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I don't know where the valve is or anyone has the wrench, but that is a good idea. I know there is water in LaSeniga so there is water around... LOL

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Got water back early this afternoon. Interesting thing, my cistern was nearly empty this morning and so I figured I must have a water leak somewhere. Turns out it was a underground hot water pipe leaking. So it turns out the by the water being turned off for a while I was able to save a lot of money on electricity for the hot water. Yeah! What a crazy world...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ah, life in the DR. Nothing prepares one for the adventure. Its one big weird
trip that teaches us we are not all that important.