Re Visit By Israeli Officials To Sosua & Puerto Plata

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

In recent days, Amir Peretz, Israeli Minister of Environmental Protection, in the company of the Israeli Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, Bajit Mansour, visited Puerto Plata and Sos?a. First they had a meeting with businessmen and government representatives in Hotel Casa Colonial in Playa Dorada. They discussed topics about the water sector, energy, environment and telecommunications. The Israeli minister offered assistance and cooperation in the development of technologies needed for these sectors. Especially in the field of water management and telecommunications Israel has a leading role in the world. Later they brought a visit to Sos?a, where the minister and ambassador met representatives of the Jewish community in Sos?a and were shown around. In the company of Freddy Milz, Ivonne Strauss Milz and Benny Katz, they visited the Synagogue and the Jewish Museum in Sos?a.

The visit ended with a reception in Puerto Plata in the office Eridania Llibre, governor of the province of Puerto Plata. During this reception, where many businessmen and dignitaries were present, mutual gifts were exchanged. The minister expressed in his speech the hope that the already existing cooperation between Israel and the Dominican Republic will be further intensified.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I love it....the U.S. Government sends BILLIONS of U.S. dollars to Isreal each year and then they visit places that the U.S. already gives loads of money to, to redistribute the wealth...what the .......

As I read the article, it said "assistance and cooperation in the development of technologies...". That does not necessarily mean money, but knowledge.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I love it....the U.S. Government sends BILLIONS of U.S. dollars to Isreal each year and then they visit places that the U.S. already gives loads of money to, to redistribute the wealth...what the .......

Can you please show me anywhere in the dialogue below that states Israel is giving any monies to the Dominican Republic..........
Israel offered assistance and cooperation in the development of technologies.......
You're "assuming"...........what the...........

From today's Sosua News:

In recent days, Amir Peretz, Israeli Minister of Environmental Protection, in the company of the Israeli Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, Bajit Mansour, visited Puerto Plata and Sos?a. First they had a meeting with businessmen and government representatives in Hotel Casa Colonial in Playa Dorada. They discussed topics about the water sector, energy, environment and telecommunications. The Israeli minister offered assistance and cooperation in the development of technologies needed for these sectors. Especially in the field of water management and telecommunications Israel has a leading role in the world. Later they brought a visit to Sos?a, where the minister and ambassador met representatives of the Jewish community in Sos?a and were shown around. In the company of Freddy Milz, Ivonne Strauss Milz and Benny Katz, they visited the Synagogue and the Jewish Museum in Sos?a.

The visit ended with a reception in Puerto Plata in the office Eridania Llibre, governor of the province of Puerto Plata. During this reception, where many businessmen and dignitaries were present, mutual gifts were exchanged. The minister expressed in his speech the hope that the already existing cooperation between Israel and the Dominican Republic will be further intensified.

B in Santiago

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Sosua was founded as a non-Zionist option for German Jewish refugees. Now that its Jewish population is insignificant, and its historical buildings largely destroyed in the name of AI tourism, perhaps the Israeli ambassador came to gloat.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Thanks, Ken, for the article. If the Israelis are offering to share their expertise, I hope the offer is accepted.

P.S. I have no idea what the 2 previous posts mean.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Thanks, Ken, for the article. If the Israelis are offering to share their expertise, I hope the offer is accepted.

P.S. I have no idea what the 2 previous posts mean.

Don't waste your time trying...................
Insignificant blabber...........

B in Santiago

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that the USA gives money to the Israelis to buy American Military hardware. If you think the USA gets nothing in return, you are sadly mistaken and out of touch.
Of course this is all irrelevant to the topic at hand, which is Israel providing and sharing expertise.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Sosua was founded as a non-Zionist option for German Jewish refugees. . . .

So fleeing the Holocaust is a "non-Zionist option" . . . Really?
Roosevelt would not let them land in the U.S., so maybe they were Republicans?
All of Latin America has Jewish colonies "founded" by those pathetic people during the Holocaust.
And those places that maintained them are far richer for it today.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
This looks like a business trip ( meeting government officials, businessmen and dignitaries) or in other words client prospection to do business with the DR (nothing wrong with the move though). Assistance and cooperation are not free in this world specially in the related fields exposed in this article.

Judith Hogg

Mar 19, 2007
Maybe guys, it has something to do with the anniversary coming up next year (70 years)of the Jews coming into this country...and maybe they are here to go through security and logistics of official visits to the D.R. to celebrate this remarkable occasions?
Thought about that?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i was walking down the boulevard....calle kaplan.."".hore ""did they change the name of that street?
did they go to service?
did they go to daven?

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
i was walking down the boulevard....calle kaplan.."".hore ""did they change the name of that street?
did they go to service?
did they go to daven?

Are you getting some sort of weird satisfaction asking questions like these............
Why don't you go haunt another thread like " More than 1,000 heads of cattle died"..........
Oh, I see you already are........Thank You...........

B in Santiago

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
did they go to service?
did they go to daven?

It's obvious that Chic has a deficiency in reading skills and did not read the article. He/she is trying to be funny and make jokes. I wonder if the sarcasm is applied against visitors on other types of diplomatic and/or business related trips. What a strange obsession to have.