customer service in jose luis supermarket

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
last saturday we bought some ham at a deli in jose luis. i ate some the following day and it tasted different than normal but i thought maybe the formula changed or something. on tuesday i took it out of the fridge and saw that half of it went nasty grey. so the off taste was indeed because it was off.

today we went to do the weekly shopping and took the ham, now almost totally grey, with us. we spoke to son in law of don tito (owner). showed him the ham and explained the whole situation. he took us to the deli and ordered to exchange it for another cut of the same ham.

when we were paying he bypassed the cashier to make sure we received our ham free of charge.he also asked us to open and try it to make sure it was fresh. he apologized for the problem,we said our thank yous and off we went.

altogether i am very happy with the service in jose luis. we've been using them for years and they always treated us nicely. the only issue we've ever had with them was maggots in cat food and that was also exchanged without a problem, even thou we did not have a factura.

thumbs up for jose luis.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've been a loyal customer for 8 years. this is not to say i never go to la sirena but jose luis is is closer and easier to navigate. cheaper too. mostly because in la sirena they have so many imported products i want to try...

anyways. this is a small local supermarket that survived the arrival of la sirena. they changed a lot: extended working days and hours, expanded supply of imported goods. and most importantly, they listen to their customers.

i will only add that maggots in animal food is not rare here. these are larvae of a beetle, kinda like what can be found in rice or flour.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Thank goodness the original poster did not have to report to us all in her usual colourful terms that she had had the $hits after consuming the contaminated meat!

FB.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thank goodness the original poster did not have to report to us all in her usual colourful terms that she had had the $hits after consuming the contaminated meat!

now you mention this i had a short bout of ass sickness but i did not make a connection with 50 shades of grey ham.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
But on the other hand, maggots in the cat food is not the the store's fault no ?? I mean the cat food is sold already packaged...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So they have great customer service but their food sucks. Most of the time people usually say the opposite when it
comes to buying groceries in the DR.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So they have great customer service but their food sucks. Most of the time people usually say the opposite when it comes to buying groceries in the DR.

no, it's the first time we've had a problem with food in there. usually everything in the deli section is fresh.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
tough all around...went to a favorite spot w/lady friend for lunch...ha ha ha salad and 2 slices each had salad and we cut slices in half and shared....i got the dumps and she was queasy within an hour and a half...2 anti d rapido...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
?Sitian?,...............?CATS?,.....AND so do ?GRINGAS?...ie,....?Sankys?!:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:
If you eat a ?Plato Del Dia? of beans, rice, and ?Mystery Meat?, at ANY DOMINICAN Restaurant, you have tasted EVERYTHING that DR food has to offer!!!!! :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin
After that, go Foreign for some VARIETY!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
went to jose luis today, the owners son in law approached us and asked if i wrote about them on the internet. i admitted that i did and he said that few gringo clients came to him to tell him that and complimented the service. he thanked us for a positive review of the shop. wow. i am glad to see local businesses respond positively like that.