antonio,s pizza

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
had dinner at antonio,s pizzeria last night right across from janet,s and it was great. the pizza was great the lasagna was great and the prices were fantastic. its a little noisy til janets closes but the food and prices are well worth it. hoghly recommend

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
the only good pizza I ever had here was in boca chica about 7 yrs. ago , run by Italians , I aw them bringing in crates of IMPORTED cheese ,good ingredients good pizza.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
ny style very thin crust .i don,t think i have ever seen chicage style on the north coast. the sauce was great both on pizzaand lasanga

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is this the "Crazy Pizza Guy" from Cabarate? Sounds like him. Makes very good pizza at ridiculously low prices. He likes to drink a lot and yell at the help.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is this the "Crazy Pizza Guy" from Cabarate? Sounds like him. Makes very good pizza at ridiculously low prices. He likes to drink a lot and yell at the help.

Antonio has calmed down a bit. But yes he actually makes a decent pizza, and if you know me, to call a pizza in the DR decent means it is better than just about all of the others. He has a constant 2 for 1 special so two people can get their own pizzas, have a drink each and pay under 700 pesos. We have done this numerous times and I do recommend it.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Is that in Cabarete? I know you mentioned Janets,,, which I have never been to but I thought was in Cab. Would love to know.... I will try it out =)

had dinner at antonio,s pizzeria last night right across from janet,s and it was great. the pizza was great the lasagna was great and the prices were fantastic. its a little noisy til janets closes but the food and prices are well worth it. hoghly recommend

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is in Cabarete. You can't miss it, looks like a jail from the outside. He also has a menu with Italian pastas and other items. Well worth a visit.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Antonios is certainly pretty good for the price but, and I really don't want to get into a pizza war here! If you want a really good and authentic Italian pizza then should check out Mamma Mia.
All ingredients imported and the crust is fantastic.

Ps if you're American and you think that pizzas are pies (??) then I wouldn't bother as you will no doubt be surprised that the pizzas are not 2 inches deep in toppings!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Antonios is certainly pretty good for the price but, and I really don't want to get into a pizza war here! If you want a really good and authentic Italian pizza then should check out Mamma Mia.

Ps if you're American and you think that pizzas are pies (??) then I wouldn't bother as you will no doubt be surprised that the pizzas are not 2 inches deep in toppings!

Where did you get this generalization from?
NY Pizza is traditionally thin crust, Chicago Style or Sicilian Pizza is thicker.
What is wrong with different types of pizza anyway, are you a pizza racist?
I bet you like corn on your pie.

PS: I think I'll have Patsy's on 116 for lunch.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Nothing wrong with different types T but just warning that MM pizza is not for everyone.
Good Italian pizza doesn't need anything on it as the base ingredients are so good....MM is in this category

Ps I'll assume that the corn suggestion was just an attempt to wind me up? :)

Aug 6, 2006
I suggest that corn does not belong on a pizza. Corn is best used for polenta.

You can put spam and pineapple on a pizza if you call it a "Hawaiian Pizza"

Perhaps you could put corn on it if you called it an "Iowa Pizza".

I would draw the line on putting potatoes on it and calling it an "Idaho Pizza", or seal flippers and calling it a "Newfoundlander Pizza."

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
no wars just good pizza and great prices. originally from north jersey a large italian neighborhood and the pizza is good. also the tiramisu tried by my partner in crime was termed the best she had outside of rome on her trip to italy.
i am also a purist i grew up on cheese pizza and that is still the best without all the other stuff on it. and mussels fra diable were to die for . no mussels at antonio,s

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
The best pizza comes from the US , they came up with the Idea in Italy but it was perfected in the north east US .

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
Is this the traditional wood -fired oven?? We used to enjoy the pizza's at the now closed Victoria Beach Resort in Playa Dorada..(a side benefit of staying at Gran Ventana) thin,crispy crust with great sauce..drizzled with a little olive oil ..mouth watering!! Have not found anything yet to compare.I have love of spicy heat so the "Mexican" with jalapenos,tomatoes,peppers & yes corn!! absolutely delicious.. Anyone?? Cabarete-Puerto Plata do not mind a drive for a GREAT!! pizza.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
yes wood fired oven very thin crust and they supply olive oil with infused spices that had some "heat' to it .nothing better that i have tasted in cabarete. pomodoro is also good but i think antonio,s is better and 2 for the price of one can,t be beat!

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
US pizzas is in general good and this applies to north east US in particular I do agree...but I just wonder when I see comments like this how many pizza restaurants you have tried in Italy before making up your mind on this..?

As a side note: I was in Italy, Bologna on a business trip some years ago together with a US colleague and we both thought that the spare ribs we had one night were the best ever which surprised us both and especially my colleague. He never could imagine that they could taste better outside US.

Side note II: I am not italian

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I have been there and had what I call "pizza with nothing on it". No thanks. It does not have to be 2 inches thick in toppings but almost no toppings is cause for me not to try it again. Pizza in the US back where I grew up around a dozen Italian restaurants is far better than anything to be had here.