Another woman attacked in a fake Guagua

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
was it reported to the police? local media?
contact detras de rumor, they would surely run the story:
Carretera Sos?a Cabarete Km 1
Plaza Erich Hausser, 2 piso. No. 2
El Batey Sos?a, Puerto Plata, R.D.
Tel.: 809.571.1160
Cel.:809.803.8491
detrasdelrumor@hotmail.com

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
No idea what they have done, I am just alerting people so they know about this as I find this very worrisome for women in the Cabarete and NC area.

You say “worrisome for women”.

I am a guy in the Sosua area and I don't intend on getting in a Guagua or Carro until the Police or Media get to the bottom of this.

I doubt they would be after my body, but I do have a wallet and fancy phone.

I plain old don't want to be anywhere near this kind of ****!

Also...
I can understand why some locals would want to discredit these stories.
If they go public, it would be very bad for the Tourist Business.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i also suggest contacting fenatrado:
Federaci?n Nacional De Transporte Dominicano
Av Luperon 1
809 537 5867
fenatrado@gmail.com
local owners of guaguas are affiliated with large companies like this one, run by hubieres.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
You say ?worrisome for women?.

I am a guy in the Sosua area and I don't intend on getting in a Guagua or Carro until the Police or Media get to the bottom of this.

I doubt they would be after my body, but I do have a wallet and fancy phone.

I plain old don't want to be anywhere near this kind of ****!

Also...
I can understand why some locals would want to discredit these stories.
If they go public, it would be very bad for the Tourist Business.

The locals I talked to aren't aware either!

Aug 21, 2007
Aname I agree it is scary for men or women! They did attack and rob an older man in a carro publico a few weeks ago picking him up outside Janet's.

It is worrisome for both men and women. If I remember right, I wrote on dr1 about an experience I know that happened about 6 weeks ago. I have a young man who cleans my office. He also is a moto concho driver. One day he was riding home. When he stopped, two men jumped off another motor bike. They told him to strip. They took his phone, wallet, and bike and left him in the road naked.

He DID make a police report in Sosua. A week or so later, he got a phone call from someone saying that they know who had his bike and it was in Puerto Plata, but he had to pay for the information. He went to the police station. There, he was told that the call did not come from them.

So, there are some shakedowns going on, both for men and women, gringo and Dominican.

Be alert and be careful. That's all you can do.

Lindsey

R3cycle

Sep 20, 2013
A gringo goes with jipeta
A gringo goes with taxi
A gringo goes with caribetours

carrito publico is for poor people
You are a gringo? You go with carrito?

You are trolling poor people
sooner or later social revenge will come

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
With all due respect posting crime here on DR1 would have limited results as far as the apprehension of criminals. Given that the DR gov't is investing lots of money on the North Coast to clean up the image for the cruise ship port they will make an example of any criminal that goes after normal gringo tourists. The DR is a small country and these types of criminals can never stay free for long. This crime needs to be reported to the tourist police and action will be taken.

With all due respect posting crime here on DR1 would have limited results as far as the apprehension of criminals. Given that the DR gov't is investing lots of money on the North Coast to clean up the image for the cruise ship port they will make an example of any criminal that goes after normal gringo tourists. The DR is a small country and these types of criminals can never stay free for long. This crime needs to be reported to the tourist police and action will be taken.

I agree it needs to be reported, but it also needs to be made public and not covered up like some people want!

People NEED to know what is happening in their community so they can prepare.

I don't quite understand why people are so negative about crime being brought to people's attention here on dr1.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I agree it needs to be reported, but it also needs to be made public and not covered up like some people want!

I don't see where anyone wants this to be covered up, only they are questioning the story because the people aren't going to the police. The Tourist Police are there for the foreigners and if no one lets them know what is going this can cause crimes like this to go unpunished.

I don't see where anyone wants this to be covered up, only they are questioning the story because the people aren't going to the police. The Tourist Police are there for the foreigners and if no one lets them know what is going this can cause crimes like this to go unpunished.

I have never said no one is going to the police, i am not here to talk about them doing police reports. Many of the people that have been attacked in the last few weeks HAVE gone to the police, surprisingly enough not much has happened from that...