The Government has forgotten about the North

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Puerto Plata, DR.? Deputy and drivers' leader Juan Hubieres said last night that "the authorities themselves are the ones to blame for the stagnation of Puerto Plata's tourism and economic development, one of the most complete Caribbean tourist destinations."

Hubieres spoke during a meeting with dozens of Puerto Plata drivers who are members of the bus owners association (Fenatrano). The event took place at the journalists facilities on the city's Malecon Avenue.

The notorious leader said "tourists are not foolish to visit the shores of a polluted coastal town as Puerto Plata, with hundreds of drains and ravines that empty into the Atlantic Ocean, while the environmental authorities do nothing about this sanitary situation; even the wastewater treatment plant was abandoned over a decade ago."

I think that the pollution is not only in Puerto Plata it is everywhere, look at Sosua (the river and the central
beach).

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Nice opening shot. I do not know how powerful his organisation is but I hope he has some ones ear.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Nice opening shot. I do not know how powerful his organisation is but I hope he has some ones ear.

Do you know who "Juan Hubieres" is? He is a professional troublemaker. I hope he gets no ones ear... Don't know what he is trying to accomplish with this but I doubt that he really cares what is going on...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Do you know who "Juan Hubieres" is? He is a professional troublemaker. I hope he gets no ones ear... Don't know what he is trying to accomplish with this but I doubt that he really cares what is going on...

what if he is telling the truth in this case?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hubieres was in POP? there is never a violent murderous criminal when you need one. what a let down.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Puerto Plata, DR.– Deputy and drivers' leader Juan Hubieres said last night that "the authorities themselves are the ones to blame for the stagnation of Puerto Plata's tourism and economic development, one of the most complete Caribbean tourist destinations."

Hubieres spoke during a meeting with dozens of Puerto Plata drivers who are members of the bus owners association (Fenatrano). The event took place at the journalists facilities on the city's Malecon Avenue.

The notorious leader said "tourists are not foolish to visit the shores of a polluted coastal town as Puerto Plata, with hundreds of drains and ravines that empty into the Atlantic Ocean, while the environmental authorities do nothing about this sanitary situation; even the wastewater treatment plant was abandoned over a decade ago."

I think that the pollution is not only in Puerto Plata it is everywhere, look at Sosua (the river and the central
beach).

Hi DonDR,

When you quote a news source, it's important to include a link to the story, thanks!

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Juan Hubieres is the guy with the Che Guevara cap right? The word goes that he became very rich from one day to the other. Don't trust this one neather. Well, who's to trust in politics anyhow?

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
The DR govt. went all in with punta cana , bavaro , and let the north coast die a slow death .

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
He is the leader of that gang of bandits who blocked the road to Puerto Plata last thursday for three ours. He only talks in the interest of that bandits he called a union

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
but he is saying something....pollution brown tide yeck.....
i believe that p.p. went into a dive when a.a. stopped there direct flights from n.y. then the towers, then the recession...and pollution has gotten worse...
and of course criminals and prostitutes still need work...
then the high dom. air taxes.... and and and....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
but he is saying something....pollution brown tide yeck.....
i believe that p.p. went into a dive when a.a. stopped there direct flights from n.y. then the towers, then the recession...and pollution has gotten worse...
and of course criminals and prostitutes still need work...
then the high dom. air taxes.... and and and....

what towers are you talking about, chic?