DR and underwater archeology

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Anyone know whats happening with the government and the company s researching shipwrecks? I hear nothing but bad news and several have just packed up and left.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That's pretty much it.

I don't know who was right or wrong, but the salvage company thought they could take artifacts out of the DR to sell, but the DR gubmint said "no way."

So without a means to pay for salvage, they left.

There is a salvage operation off Montecristi led by Brit academics, with no thought of removing artifacts out of country. In fact, one can sign up for a university course, pay living fees, and help with the underwater salvage. Interesting stuff.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
There is a salvage operation off Montecristi led by Brit academics, with no thought of removing artifacts out of country. In fact, one can sign up for a university course, pay living fees, and help with the underwater salvage. Interesting stuff.

who is this?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

who is this?
Dr. Spooner at the link Chip posted.

If interested, I can make a personal introduction.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
One day I plan a visit to the office of ADMAT. I believe that is on the south shore. Please correct me if I am wrong. I hear the director of the volunteer program can be a difficult fellow to work for. Correct me if I am wrong on that also.