Rent Contract Information

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The residencial where PJT lives wants copies of the rental contracts when renters are applying for ID cards for the residencial, a gated community. The problem is PJT as the landlord is reluctant to provide information on the contract such as bank information and account numbers.

The residencial has several changes of administrators over the years and the present administrator wants the owners to sign new resicencial agreements with them. PJT has explained the orginal agreement with the original administrators is good enough and is grandfathered in, over 17 years. He thinks the present administrators have a back door agenda with the rental contracts to obtain information they would not have otherwise, bank account numbers, to use to dock owners not paying maintenance fees or use for other arm twisting activities. Is there a legal option to deny the administrators of the information and not have them retaliate in some manner?

Regards,

PJT

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
The administrator is normally hired by the Board of Directors. You could complain to the Board. You also could simply offer to provide a letter from the bank stating that you have an account. There is no need for them to have your account number unless they are going to deposit money INTO your account. Also, if the agreement you are signing changes any of the current by-laws, that needs to be voted on and passed by a majority of the owners, according to Dominican law. It sounds like someone is trying to get around that.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Any provisions in your current contract that allows the board or admin to amend the contract from time to time? There is usually a "catch-all" clause especially in contracts that extend many years into the future.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I cannot imagine how just having your bank account number would allow anyone to withdraw money from it. Many places publish their bank accoung number.. (deposit to account number such and such). It is difficult to even withdraw money from one's own account here without ID (or a cloned card)

Perhaps PJT is imagining enemies when there are none?

Anyway, my suggestion is that PJT just fill out the form and alter one digit.

Anyone can make a mistake.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
People who refer to themselves in the 3rd. person, Have ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!
Great "Seinfeld" ephisode about "Elain's" boyfriend doing just THAT!!!!!!
Says,...."CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"!!!!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
This is the case the orginal developer/administrator over the years has changed names, by creating new developer/administrators on paper. Yet, same people and had family members run the residencial under guidance of a resort corporation who have an interest. There is no residencial owners association because the owners, many foreign, cannot agree among themselves on course of actions. The present developer/administraton takes advantage of this and makes the rules of the residencial. This constant changing has created a monster. There are new requests from the residencial wanting this from you and that from you. PJT has told them, whatever information they need they already have, check their records.

These backdoor attempts by them to obtain rent contracts are part of a black agenda to obtain bank information that should be of no concern of them.

Regards,

PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I cannot imagine how just having your bank account number would allow anyone to withdraw money from it. Many places publish their bank accoung number.. (deposit to account number such and such). It is difficult to even withdraw money from one's own account here without ID (or a cloned card)

Perhaps PJT is imagining enemies when there are none?

Anyway, my suggestion is that PJT just fill out the form and alter one digit.

Anyone can make a mistake.

Maybe there is no concern. However, when there a big resort corporations has a financial interest in the residencial they look for ways to garnish your bank accounts should you withhold payments to the residencial for whatever reason. Remember, this is the DR, the strong and politically connected get their way.

PJT's wife is Dominican born and raised. It is her experience and dealings that bring this distrust. Don't give anything to anybody they have no reason to need.

Regards,

PJT

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
This is the case the orginal developer/administrator over the years has changed names, by creating new developer/administrators on paper. Yet, same people and had family members run the residencial under guidance of a resort corporation who have an interest. There is no residencial owners association because the owners, many foreign, cannot agree among themselves on course of actions. The present developer/administraton takes advantage of this and makes the rules of the residencial. This constant changing has created a monster. There are new requests from the residencial wanting this from you and that from you. PJT has told them, whatever information they need they already have, check their records.

These backdoor attempts by them to obtain rent contracts are part of a black agenda to obtain bank information that should be of no concern of them.

Regards,

PJT
Is PJT American? if so this could be Uncle Sam checking up on you!

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Law 5038 sets forth the rules for condo associations. If there is no Board, then I suggest you seek to form one. It is a simple process, and will create some accountability for the administrator. It seems now that they answer to no one. I would imagine you are not the only person concerned with this. If you need help, PM me. I can send you copies of the procedures used for elections.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I like the Mountain Girl's approach....

just fudge a number or two in the bank account...

PJT does not want to attract attention or notoriety..... '
hide in the weeds, is my advice

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Why don't you say you don't have a bank account. Or open one at say "National" if you don't have one there with 500 pesos and then close the account soon after?