Cabarete Question

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
Want to spend one day/night of my 7 day vacation in Cabarete. Is the night life only lively there on the weekends? Or are the week nights lively as well? I will be there one week next month. I already have some plans for the weekend. May change them around if the weeknights are dead in Cabarete.

Any suggestions for a cheap hotel in Cabarete? Really only looking for place to lay our heads as we just wanted to check out Cabarete for a day/night. We are staying in Sosua as a home base. I was thinking it would be easier to just stay a night rather than take a cab back to Sosua. What time do the cabs run until and are they safe early hours of the morning?

Thanks in advance.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Mark, you didn't mention exactly when next month you will be here. Cabarete is seasonal. Things start getting busier for thanksgiving weekend and again mid to late december through February. During that time just about any night has people at the bars and restaurants. Note, the discos and dancing don't really start until 11pm and get going good until midnight.
(Friday and Saturday nights of course always have more people)

There should be taxis available until 3am at least. It's about a 15 minute ride to Sosua. Avoid the public cars and guaguas at that hour.

Of course, nothing wrong with choosing a hotel and staying the night. Breakfast on the beach is nice

Enjoy your time here.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
those dates will likely be the slower period in cabarete. target friday and saturday nights if you want a crowd.
thursday nights at ojo's nightclub is not too bad either.