Shipping experts - need info on order over 200 dollars.

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
I'd like to get a few items rather large (windsurfing gear) but light. All prices are in USD. Items come from US.

One is $196 with 35 shipping additional. One shipping company wants 33% of the value?

Another is 150, can I combine shipping? Meaning an order of items under 200 dol which combined add to over 200 dol.

I'm in Cab, can pick up in Sos?a or PP for better prices. Any shipping company recommended for this stuff? Thanks all.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
go to the Mudanza thread..... depends where you're shipping from.

should be easy...... all in one box ......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would get three quotes from people recommended in the thread on Mudanza's and also include Encargopaq's ocean air and ocean options. Request door to door pricing. Please post back what you find out.

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
I'm missing something. The mudanzas are shipping company you use to pack your own stuff and ship in containers, right?

In my case I live in the dr and doing online shopping of large items and under $200.

I asked encargopaq in the past are they told me by boat you always need to pay taxes while by plane not necessarily.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm missing something. The mudanzas are shipping company you use to pack your own stuff and ship in containers, right?

In my case I live in the dr and doing online shopping of large items and under $200.

I asked encargopaq in the past are they told me by boat you always need to pay taxes while by plane not necessarily.

If you are packing a lot of small items for boxes or barrels that is one way to ship using a mudanza. And yes you normally pack or have a friend/relative in the US who does the packing of those boxes or barrels.

They also ship larger items such as appliances, generators, autos, sports equipment, etc. You just need to have the items delivered to them and make the proper arrangements with them if you agree on the fixed price they provide you.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
it will be a headache. Look around Cab for used gear and save yourself money and aggravation. Plus you have it right away.

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
From a friend of mine who's been shipping many things to his door, he's very happy with Sos?a Shipping.
Basically uses it just like EncargoPaq, ships his US orders to their address (not packed in any special way), with attn -his name- Cabarete and it arrives. Much cheaper than EncargoPaq, no real taxes, just takes longer to arrive.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have shipped BBQ's, fridges, almost everything to Awilda (my mudanza).

My RD address on it after their address...they forward it on.

I call, they price it and it arrives...... any tax is built in to the price.
very simple.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From a friend of mine who's been shipping many things to his door, he's very happy with Sos?a Shipping.
Basically uses it just like EncargoPaq, ships his US orders to their address (not packed in any special way), with attn -his name- Cabarete and it arrives. Much cheaper than EncargoPaq, no real taxes, just takes longer to arrive.

Sosua Shipping looks like a typical mudanza with typical prices for such. The reason it takes longer is they ship by ocean and need to fill a container.