austrian man found injured in a hotel in cabarete

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hmmmm.......

#1. Might be set up to look like a suicide attempt.

#2. Might be better to first hang one's self then slash one's throat....... ( instead of the other way round ).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
#1. Might be set up to look like a suicide attempt.
#2. Might be better to first hang one's self then slash one's throat....... ( instead of the other way round ).

re 1: my thoughts exactly.
re 2: reminds me of times when suicide attempts were punishable by death by strangulation. the victim would sit on a chair and had a metal band wrapped around the neck that would be tighten until death occurred. apparently things could get unsightly if the suicide attempt was by slashing ones throat and not enough time was given for the wounds to heal properly.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there have been a rash of supposed suicides, looks like someone has been watching csi

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
En extra?as circunstancias turista austriaco result? herido en la habitaci?n de hotel donde se hospedaba

he was found bleeding in his bed, with two deep gashes on the neck. there is a suspicion it was a suicide attempt as a noose was was found on the floor near the bed.

i am not sure how one proceeds to slash the throat and then hang themselves?

In my 36 years as a police officer in Canada, I have seen just about every conceivable method to take your own life. The worst was an electric carving knife used on the throat. I went home after shift and threw mine in the garbage and will not have one in the house. If you can imagine it someone has tried it and likely succeeded. My dear friend is an ER Nurse and she uses the same example with things stuck inside a human orifice not normally designed for intaking objects. A lot of deaths attributed to suicide that involve edged weapons have what we call " meditation or preparation cuts" where the person slashes several times to get the courage to make the final fatal cut, most survivors of these slashing frenzies back out after a few slashes but some push on. dv8 you post the most interesting but macabre posts.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Nietzsche said, " The thought of suicide is a powerful comfort. It gets one through many a dreadful night."