Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Water presure in the house is getting stronger

I've noticed this getting stronger and stronger as time passes. Its to the point now that I'm concerned about a leak in the system. Any idea why this would get stronger over time? I would say over the past 4 months I noticed it.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

How is water delivered? City to cistern, city to tank, ... ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

probably you are the only one getting it ;-)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Street/truck to cistern to tank. Two tanks, one on the roof (plastic) and one on the ground floor (metal)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Does your pressure tank on the ground floor have a pressure gauge? What is the pressure reading when the pump has just shut off?

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

The pressure is possibly adjustable in two ways: pressurized tank (air and water) the pump relay pressure is adjustable; the height of water in the tank may be adjustable.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

More pressure because we have more water in the supplies.... plain and simple.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Charlise, since his water goes into a cistern, where there is no pressure, it's just a holding tank, his "Pressure" is dependent on HIS WATER PUMP, not street pressure!
    Also, please notice that he said, "TRUCK" as well as "Street" which means, SADLY , that there are times when there is ZERO pressure from the street,and he must BUY his own water!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would guess that the amount of water in the tank on the roof determines the pressure coming out of the faucet.

When green goo comes out of the faucet, the tank is nearly empty and rewarding you with free algae.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    I would guess that the amount of water in the tank on the roof determines the pressure coming out of the faucet.
    If a water system has a pressure tank, the everyday water when there is electricity, should come from the pressure tank. If the power is out and the pressure in the tank reaches near zero, then water should start flowing from the tinaco via gravity.

Without a pressure tank, then in all likelihood all your water is gravity fed from the tinaco.

11. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast