thrombosis dvt

Status
Not open for further replies.

masstache

Nov 26, 2014
does anybody know of anybody that has fully recovered from thrombosis of the right leg or do you continue to have one leg bigger than the other thanks

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
People recover all the time with the right treatment and therapy. The biggest danger is that the blood clot that is causing the swelling will dislodge and go to the heart or brain and then your really in danger. You need to see a Doc. really soon. Treatment is normally coumadin oral. This could be life threatening so I wouldn't delay seeing a Doc or hospital for treatment !!!

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
does anybody know of anybody that has fully recovered from thrombosis of the right leg or do you continue to have one leg bigger than the other thanks[/QUOTE
If you have one leg larger than the other there is still a blockage or clot. I have dvt in both legs.I luckily have lived through four episodes. You should go see a vascular doctor and let them determine if there's a clot. Usually a couple of days in a hospital with an iv with heparin which dissolves clots safely is the way to go. Please take my advice seriously.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
does anybody know of anybody that has fully recovered from thrombosis of the right leg or do you continue to have one leg bigger than the other thanks

I had one in my right leg and it was bigger than my left for a long time after treatment. I think this is normal. As long as it is not hurting, I think you are ok.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Left this open for awhile, but time to close due to lack of DR content.

masstache, please see a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.