Christmas Concert Sosua

Aug 21, 2007
I received a printed invitation today from the town of Sosua, but assume I am not special and all are invited. This Friday, December 12, at 7:30 pm, the town of Sosua will host a Christmas concert in the Sosua Bay Convention Center. The concert will feature the Sosua Chorus with Angela Cruz, directed by Manuel Molina, the ballet class of Herminia Tic?, and the youth violin class with teachers Venus Guerrero and Willians Peguero from Santo Dominingo.

The concert is free.

I would assume there will be about 75 performers. Should each child bring parents, family, and/or friends, the audience could easily be more than 300.

You see, families are important in Sosua.

Please come. I am sure you are welcome.

Lindsey

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Happy Holidays Lindsey and this is a great idea but where exactly is the Sosua Bay Convention center?

Aug 21, 2007
Happy Holidays Lindsey and this is a great idea but where exactly is the Sosua Bay Convention center?

The Sosua Bay Convention Center is next to the park that is across the street from Morua Mai. Most people know the building for the gym. It is a multi-purpose building where they hold events. Last month's boxing events were also held there.

Best to you, Mike.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Just to report back about the concert. It was standing room only, with at least 500 people there. All kinds of people.....poor Dominicans, middle class Dominicans, Dominicans in suits, politicians, children, parents, grand parents, and gringos.

It lasted just long enough, about an hour, with performances by the ballet classes, the violin students, and the chorus. The night ended with everyone singing "Silent Night."

What a nice event for the Christmas season! Sosua is a good little town.

Lindsey

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Was well done, well attended and a nice change of pace to bring in the holiday season. Good reminder of the flip side of Sosua.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Was well done, well attended and a nice change of pace to bring in the holiday season. Good reminder of the flip side of Sosua.

Glad they have events like this. There is a Christmas street festival tomorrow (Sat) on PC.

It's always been there, you just need to look around a bit.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I thought the concert was great, well attended, well produced, really great entertainment, and with crowds of hundreds, it was quiet and respectful. I loved it too!

Aug 21, 2007
I am glad that those of you who attended the concert are posting. It sends a message that we dr1 members DO attend and support activities not involving bars, booze, and women.

Lindsey

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just to report back about the concert. It was standing room only, with at least 500 people there. All kinds of people.....poor Dominicans, middle class Dominicans, Dominicans in suits, politicians, children, parents, grand parents, and gringos.

It lasted just long enough, about an hour, with performances by the ballet classes, the violin students, and the chorus. The night ended with everyone singing "Silent Night."

What a nice event for the Christmas season! Sosua is a good little town.

Lindsey

you presence there makes it even better. Happy Holidays to you.