german man attacked and injured in sosua

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in other countries during christmas animals speak human language. here they carry knives.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in related news, another german robbed, in POP:
Apresan tres haitianos, un norteamericano y un dominicano por robo y posesi?n de estupefacientes - Noticias POP
los tres haitianos apresados utilizaron la pata de cabra para violentar la puerta de una habitaci?n en la vivienda propiedad de la se?ora Zoraida Eusebio Cabrera, ubicada en la calle principal de la urbanizaci?n Cerro Mar y en la referida habitaci?n vive como inquilino el nacional alem?n Michael Gerhard Deutsch, donde penetraron y sustrajeron dinero en efectivo en d?lares americanos, euros, y ropa de vestir.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
Pretty brazen to attack a guy on Pedro Clisante at 1:20am. There is still usually a lot of people on the street at that time. I wonder where he was on Pedro Clisante.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It proves over and over again that it is safer to speak spanish moderately well and it will get you out of many problems ..be it in the north or anywhere else.. Actually I live in fear of these guys on motor conchos who park on corners so as to impede traffic

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
There has to be more too it... Such as the drunk guy had a run in with the motoconcho guys before and was a jerk to them. Some of the guys who come here for the chicas treat the locals poorly. One thing I have learned is that you treat everyone with a degree of respect weather they deserve it or not. Late night drunk arguments always end up bad and nothing good happens after midnight...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
blaming the victim, as usual. so what if the guy told a motoconcho to fcuk off? this is no reason to stab him!

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
of course its not an excuse, but its certainly more prudent to hold your tongue than to tell a motoconcho to f off....even if they deserve it.

Whether that was the case here or not, we don't know

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Actually I live in fear of these guys on motor conchos who park on corners so as to impede traffic

They kind of unsettle me too - where our road meets the beach, there are always a bunch of motoconchos because the bus from SD & San Cristobal stops there. Sometimes they block the entire road. If I'm driving, I approach slowly and they move out of the way, I lift a hand in thanks, when I'd love to run them all over. If Mr. AE is driving [normal - I only drive when I'm alone going for the fruit/veg stand] he gets angry and used to open the window and yell at them for blocking the way. I've convinced him it's safer to shut up and give a little beep, he does it now but it goes against his grain. We have a car that is unique in model and color, everyone knows us, and we live just down the road a little, and I wouldn't put it past some of them to do something just because Mr. AE ****ed them off.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Mr. AE's Equipment

... I wouldn't put it past some of them to do something just because Mr. AE ****ed them off.

Well, if Mr.AE wears a heavy gold chain and got a Glock stuck in his belt I would not worry much about the concho monkeys... :cheeky:

donP

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Used to just carry a gun. Now its also a small sturdy knife as a back up. For times when quiet is good, Well prepared for years and no one ever says an unkind word. Guess its working. I assume every motoconcho is armed with a knife at the minimum.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
What is going on up north with foreigners?

They are targets for hungry criminals who have nothing to lose! If they get caught, they can pay their way out today or in the future anyway. The police do not care about violent attacks against Gringos. Most are too uneducated to understand that negative impact these events have on their reputation and economy. Most middle class I speak to here don't even vote because they feel nothing will change and the candidates are corrupt thieves! Very sad situation for such a beautiful area!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Threshold Sum

The police do not care about violent attacks against Gringos.
Depends.
If the criminals got away - with let's say more than 1,000 USD - they might lift their behinds.... :cheeky:
otherwise they could not care less.

Most are too uneducated to understand that negative impact these events have on their reputation and economy.

Reputation???????

Hahahaha... :classic:

donP

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Well, if Mr.AE wears a heavy gold chain and got a Glock stuck in his belt I would not worry much about the concho monkeys... :cheeky:

donP

Too many expats here are so eager to call the locals monkeys and such... Telling them to fk off and blow up with road rage and such at every little annoyance. This attitude and behavior is bad and leads to animosity on both sides...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ever wonder what happens to worn out machietes. Dominincans are not ones to throw away anything. The worn out machetes are ground down into knives and are carried by every tigre, street criminal and motoconcho who cannot afford to buy an illegal gun. If you were a motoconcho you would not carry a knife? Its a dangerous occupation. N ot to blame the victim prematurely but P. C. at 1:30 am you have to wonder if alcohol clouded his judgment.