FYI German and girlfriend robbed in Sosua

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
A German and his girlfriend staying at Casa Colibri in Sosua were robbed at gunpoint round 5;30 PM 31.12.2014.
Three men mid 20's to mid 30's appearing to be Dominicans, entered the property and asked a question about someone living there and seemed to leave.
Moments later the resident was in the kitchen turned around and the there men had entered the kitchen.
All three had guns (automatic handguns), they demanded money.
The girlfriend was in the shower which one of the men entered.
He was told to sit on the floor guns were pointed, while they searched the apartment.
350 EURO, RD$ 2000, one ipad, 2 tablets and 2 phones were taken.
Fortunately no bodily harm was done.
He did not hear moto's leave.
The incident has been reported to the police and they attended.
This is in the same area calle Holandia, where recently a German was attacked and stabbed, which necessitated emergency surgery at CMC.
The area is by Hyw 5 behind CMC close to Super Pola.
I know the person this happened to and this is an account of what happened in his words.
I will post no further on this, unless I should hear pertinent info.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Sorry for what happened to you friend. But on the bright side your friends are alive. cell phones and ipads can be purchased again.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
This smells like a setup to me. The gun men seemed to have some info about this guy.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Sounds like a planned setup. Too much missing info to make an educated guess. Was the door locked, did they get a key, handguns are not automatic but semi-automatic, very frightening to have a gun pointed at you in a stress situation and you do not know the gunman. I feel for the victims and their fear and anguish. They should contact crime stoppers north coast as this group has excellent police contacts.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The gate to the property and the door to the apartment were open, not locked.
The girl was a victim.
I spoke to both of them minutes after it happened.
Thanks on the semi-automatic info.
All this serves as a reminder of blatant crime in daylight hours in populated areas.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
classic home invasion scenario. Locked doors and a good dog woild prevent it. Lucky no one was hurt. Smart to give them what they wanted without resistance. It is hard to defend against armed home invasion

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and i read somewhere that the cell phone co's are headed towards the permanent i.d. locator reported stolen...stolen...canot be activated...peroid... ever....police supposed to be called...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sounds like the chulo or the security guards needed some drinking money for New Years Eve.