What happened?

C

CJ

This is really sad, without Criss tralking garbage, TW giving us a fashion review and AZB providing his Muslim views (All non related to the Dominican Republic) this board quickly grinds to a halt.

Isn't there anyone posting Dominican issues here?

CJ

K

KenDP

That's your view. I prefer to eliminate all the repartee between one uppers.

The new board, which I understand will be initited in January, will have places for both of us.

W

William Leslie

What happened is that many people opted not to comment or ask questions so an not to get lambasted and ridiculed by others and frequently not have their question answered anyway.

C

CJ

Ken;

If you had read my message and realized that I said "without the garbage spewed between certain people" there would be no posts at all.

I agree that there is a need for intelligent discourse regarding Dominican issues, my point was/is simply that there is no communication other than the aforementioned low brow fighting. Unless I am mistaken, this board is extremely quiet without their commenatry on thier sex lives, 15 year old girls and ability to dress well.

Should I take your remark of "The new board, which I understand will be initited in January, will have places for both of us." to mean there will be a place for people wh feel they have a greater gift for communication and or providing information than the rest of us?

CJ

C

CJ

William

My point exactly; without the trash talkers this forum no longer seems to have a direction

CJ

D

DR1

Lets just say that....

as of Jan 1, things are going to be VERY different!

Everyone will have a place to voice their opinions or ask questions.

Rob.

S

Sarah

Re: Lets just say that....

Now Rob, does that mean that you'll put each of us in our proper place? Or will we have a choice where/what to post?

Just lurking ... Sarah

D

DR1

Re: Lets just say that....

Let's just say, we will both have a few more options.

Rob.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: CJ and ROB-What happened?

CJ and ROB:

First I would like to ask CJ Marks with Rob as witness, what is the contribution you have made in the last twelve months to this board, if any at all, before you pop up from nowhere? Unless you are using a pseudonym to hide your identity, in a search of the archives I found ZERO.

Second, What authority do you have, if any, to certify what is or what is not a Dominican issue? Are you Dominican? can you wisely contribute anything about our current affairs in all fields?

Third, with Rob as my witness, I would like to ask you to ask Rob(DR1) or Dolores(DR1) to state wether my contributions to this board in their majority do not pertain to Dominican Republic. And I would also like to exchange with you e-mail for e-mail all the correspondence I get privately from people on this board who wish to follow up on postings I make. Regarding the problems you have with fashion, let me say that we do have fashion in DR and very fashionable people. People continuously ask where to shop on this board. I have been a contributor to such inquiries, not you.

I can speak with authority about fashion in DR and even abroad. I have spoken about music,politics, daily news and events,religion,customs, folklore,dancing,people in the news, geography, historical and financial facts,banking, business, standards of living and requirements to live in DR, sex in DR, tourism, hotel information, clubs, discos,construction, real estate, nature and ecology, foreign relations. You name it, it is there. Just review the archives or ask Rob to give you my curriculum vitae in DR1. With all due modesty, you are a midget next to me in this board. Get a life or get active before to talk trash! And if Rob wants to exchange me for you, be my guest. I dont need a board to be in the upper crust of DR.
TW

C

CJ

Re: CJ and ROB-What happened?

TW

I am just a lurker as I know nothing of Dominican issues, and still don't from your verbose post. A friend of mine told me to come here and watched how she played you guys for clowns while she stroked your egos, I see it doesn't take much. Why concentrate on Dominican or any other issues when you can just talk about yourself for entertainement :)

As for asking Rob or anyone else, I hardly need the opinions of people I don't know or could care less about knowing, to validate my own opinions.

Do you really have the opinion you are of the "upper crust" or is this part of your facade? The only thing crusty about you are your limp lines (And probably something else)

CJ

D

DR1

On the mark....

I have no idea who CJ is? Maybe someone we know?

Yes TW, 95% have been valuable and on topic.
The other 5% have been deleted or slipped through :)

I'm sure many find your views and comments elitist.
Then again, depends on what end of the Dominican social economic scale they interact with?

The bottom line, they are factual and on the mark! I personally enjoy and find your posts very informative.

Rob.

M

mkohn

lately

TW, you've taken a bigger interest in the positive on this board. I for one like the change, and hope others will follow suit (no pun intended). :)

J

jbup

Re: Just an opinion

I for one believe that this board is in desperate need of change.
When I first became acquainted to DR1 (3 or 4 years ago), it seemed like a terrific medium to access information,learn about the Dominican way of life, and in some cases read stories of how some people came to retire on the golden sandy beaches of the carribean.
It seems to me that things have changed dramatically over the years. For example: I have read countless postings which included abusive and profane languauge directed at people who dissagree with a specific point of view, threads of responses sugessting the extermination of Haitians, and a few posters once stated that the DR is not looking for settlers and that foreigners are not welcome to stay.

I sure miss the intelligent and respectable exchanges that use to take place oh so long ago..

-

C

curious

Personally I miss all the Sanky Panky/Boyfriend in DR/looking for ? love stories! Can't we have a seperate section for all these posts. It will certainly bring all the women back.

J

JA809

TW 4 PRESIDENTE...

en serio :) tw is the shhh don't mess with him, you'll lose, and its been proven time and time again...cj said a friend of his came here and made people look foolish or whatever, who is his friends, maybe sarita? sabelo dios....

S

sarah irene19

Re: TW 4 PRESIDENTE...( TOJA809)

I don't know what you're trying to mean, by your comments??? I don't know, CJ so maybe you might have info about him???
Sarita~

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: CJ and friend lurking out of boredom?

CJ and Friend: That just goes to show you how many bored people surf the networks. Someone who wastes his or her time taunting somebody to get a reaction is as boring as the action itself.
But dont worry CJ, keep doing it. We will accomodate you. If it makes you happy. Just to show Dominicans are people of good will.
TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Jbup-What is your responsibility?

Jbup:

Frankly, people like you do more harm than those you castigate so much. You come in lurking like CJ and leave a negative comment and take off running and hiding, until your next lurk.

I also checked you out and during the last twelve months you have exactly one post. This nasty note you left behind.

People who clamor for change ought to be part of change itself. If you feel that strongly about the trend you see on this board, rather than complaining you should stick around and help the Webmaster achieve this objective. He is working on changes, but changes alone will not make this board more effective. The people who post will make the board successful. DR1 cannot answer every question or reply to all inquiries. That is not a forum.

DR1 does not have all the answers here. There is a wealth of knowledge from all the posters combined, plus new comers. No one has all the answers. I learn new things about my country everyday in this board, even from tourists and ex-pats.

What are you doing about Haiti? Have you written to your Congressman to ask if anything can be done to help the Haitian people get some dignity so that they stop being beggars and parasites of the Dominican Republic? How come the United States came in to place Aristide in power and left without finishing the job of helping him establish a sound economy? If you see the horror of the recent events you would not be talking as you have. Haiti is an embarrassment to the world community. We Dominicans are working harder everyday to establish a democratic community with freedom for all. And we are succeeding. Haitians are just feeling sorry for themselves and killing each other. The answer Aristide gave the opposition after this failed coup was to burn the homes of his adversaries. This is a savage, outlaw nation. If we had done this in DR we would be condemned by the world community. But Haitians are left alone to do their barbaric acts on each other, without concern for the well being of their poor people and its neighboring nation trying to build a good future for its people.

Think before you talk and then do something about it. Take responsibility in your life!
TW

J

Jan

love it here!

This board has helped me in my move to RD. It has pros and cons and I enjoy the opinions and remarks from everyone here. I think the people here have been very helpful and I have made some good friends here also...Thanks DR1 for being here for me!