Drugs Planted in Someones bag at airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy2357

Jan 6, 2015
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]Hello,
I do not know how these forums work, but I need advice. A friend of mine was working in The Dominican Republic for a few months. While at airport 01/03/15 his flight was delayed, he slept in Airport that night.
On arriving at the gate to Fly to Florida, he was detained while his bags were searched. On doing so The officers found 100grams of heroin in one of his bags.
This is totally not the case, unfortunately the airport cameras were Not checked for that time period...He is now awaiting to go into the La Victoria Prison in Santo Domingo... He has money in the states but of course no access to it.
I do not have anything to help him with. If he can not come up with something by Thursday he will then be put in prison.
He is a white man, so supposedly they are giving him time to get money... He also can not pay for an attorney down there.
I would like to get the address for the prison off this forum, as I have searched as much as I could and no luck.
I understand the chances of my friend getting his mail is slim to none, but I need to try something.
Unfortunately he only has a passport from Italy, awaiting his US passport to be approved. They took his passport anyway, but I was thinking maybe the Italian Embassy/Consulate could help him some how?? I am at a loss, and he is very distraught and so afraid for his life. I know through searching on internet that a few of the other prisons are not as bad as where he is going to.
I know I can not get help for him here, I guess I really want the address to the La Victoria prison, in the meantime.
I really appreciate any information anyone can find for me. Thank you in advance for your help.
Kathy2357

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
They sent him back to DR?

Very lucky if he can pay his way out.

Can't do that in the US.

Buena suerte!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So, they've told him how much he has to pay not to go to prison?? Where are they keeping him now?

How well do you know this man? Any chance he's embellished this story?

La Victoria is not a pleasant place, if I'm not mistaken it was built for 800 prisoners, and there are probably 8000 instead.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
la vistoria prison.jpg..........

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You sound iffy. La Victoria is easy to find, not that tough to live in if you have a little money to spend while there. They have upgraded a part if it but you still find whores living with pimps, colmados and barbers, beer rum and all the drugs you could want..

100grms of smack will give hima hefty sentence, I'd imagine if he has money then he will get to it. If he doesn't then people are less likely to help as the possibility he was trying to take it with him becomes greater.

I don't fall for anyone not knowing what's in thier bag exactly. At the airport I'm super paranoid and they don't leave my side for 2 secs, if ever that. And I certainly wouldn't sleep in a drug related countries airport.

He's got cash, if he can prove it he will be allowed to get to it. Don't worry. If he's bull$hitting you then why worry.

Gudluk. At least once out of the cells he can move about in prison.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
You have to wonder about checked in luggage in the dr ( and elsewhere ). Once u check ure bag in, what happens behind the scene????
I do worry about it. I have started getting my luggage plastified whenever possible ( depending on the airport ).
Anyone with a pocketknife can open and close ure zip on luggage without even touching the padlock.

Sometime ago on french TV there was a programme ( like 60 mn, capital, 24h..... ) on baggage handlers bringing drugs in. Undercover/hidden camera stuff, police association TV.
Well the baggage handlers were from a certain quartier/cit? in parisian surburbs ( barrios caliente....). They emptied marked suitcase of the cocaine intoduced, supposedly, by their dominican counterparts. Police arrested a bunch of people and found lots of cocaine.....
Being a "normal" country the owners of the suitcaes were not prosecuted....... 2 old folks home from their holiday in the dr actually arrived home with 2 packets of coke in their suitcases.......
So of course it is " reality TV" and u cant believe everything is real......... but even so.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Sounds like one of those 'Locked Up Abroad' episodes.

Can anyone confirm there was a flight delayed that night to Florida?

"100 grams of heroin? Lo Siento, I have no idea how 100 grams of heroin got in my bag! Five, ten grams, maybe but not 100 -- I'm a simple man from Italy and I almost have a US Passport. And even without the US Passport which is almost approved I'm flying to Florida with a uhm, a visa to visit with. And stuff."

Yeah, this will end well.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Sounds like one of those 'Locked Up Abroad' episodes.

Can anyone confirm there was a flight delayed that night to Florida?

"100 grams of heroin? Lo Siento, I have no idea how 100 grams of heroin got in my bag! Five, ten grams, maybe but not 100 -- I'm a simple man from Italy and I almost have a US Passport. And even without the US Passport which is almost approved I'm flying to Florida with a uhm, a visa to visit with. And stuff."

Yeah, this will end well.

An Italian citizen doesn't need a visa to visit EEUU. However, the story sounds kind of fishy. If you don't know him too well, I'd say don't get too much involved with this.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If your friend has been working down here for a few months than he knows people here. Where was he working? What type of work has he been doing on the island?
Before your friend went to sleep, had his bags already been checked in under the airline's control? If he was stopped at the gate, I'm guessing no.

100 grams a heroin is not a small amount. It sounds very hard to understand how someone slipped 100 grams into his bag while he was asleep without his knowledge. To much dope for a dealer to let walk. One has to ask, how was the person who slipped the dope in the bag going to retrieve it once they arrived in Florida, assuming the guy somehow made it through customs in America.

Having known people who have been arrested for this very same crime while trying to travel back from Mexico into the USA, I'm not buying it. I'm not saying drugs can't be slipped in to a person's bag by a devious airline or airport employee but I have never heard of someone slipping drugs into someone's bag while the bag was in their possession.

If your friend has enough money and the right lawyer he will probably be able to buy a some time off of his sentence. If he is "desperate" for money they will probably use this against him by saying "he's broke so he decided to traffic drugs."

You said he only has a passport from Italy and he is waiting for his American passport to be approved. If he is traveling under an Italian passport/ document then he is property of Italy and you should be contacting the Italian consulate or embassy here in the Dominican Republic. By now this story should be all over the Dominican daily news, so we should all have more information about this fella's arrest soon.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This story is 100% BULL$HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The US drug enforcement agencies ARRESTS you, they don't,"Send You Back"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SAY IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you call, she will have some "WAY" FOR you TO GET HIM THE MONEY, and she will reimburse you later.
Don't get involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND, no one was EVER caught with drugs in their bags that THEY put there, or KNEW they were there!!!!
ACCORDING TO THEM, THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I thought the same thing.

This story is 100% BULL$HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The US drug enforcement agencies ARRESTS you, they don't,"Send You Back"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SAY IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you call, she will have some "WAY" FOR you TO GET HIM THE MONEY, and she will reimburse you later.
Don't get involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND, no one was EVER caught with drugs in their bags that THEY put there, or KNEW they were there!!!!
ACCORDING TO THEM, THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

He never got on the plane in DR. He was arrested there

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
Story seems very fishy. The last AA flight from SDQ to MIA on that date went out about 50 minutes late, which would not have required an overnight in the airport. 100 grams is not trivial so I think someone slipping it in carry on bags would be total BS. Saying the cameras were not checked for that time makes it seem like he was just snoozing away and the heroin fairy came to visit. That's just not the case, sorry (parenthetically, at least he had the self respect not to go with the "these are not my pants" defense).

I suppose it could have been put in the checked luggage, but that means there is someone on the other end to pick it up. If the story is legit (big doubts), I'd call CBP in Miami. However, if the story was legit, that was likely already done (unlikely).

Honestly, if this was placed in checked luggage, without this guy knowing about it, it likely would have been handled a bit differently. Believe it or not, there is quite a bit of cooperation between the two countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.