Delancer internet issues

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Delancer internet has always been good to me, but in the past 6 months their internet service sucks and very unreliable. I keep losing the connection. They have replaced the modem about 5 times and nothing has changed. Last night was brutal. I hear that their bandwith can't handle the load anymore.

Anybody else having problems with them???

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I spent a lot of time getting this right years ago and have worked a lot with delancer to do that and have done a lot of my own debugging. I need it for work so I don't play around.

It has been mostly good for me still but has dropped off a little bit lately, mostly late night and early morning. They are upgrading some equipment so likely you are experiencing that they have routers offline but the low end techs in the field never know what the managers and engineers are doing so they just want to replace the modem or the wire.

I had not had a single issue that lasted more than a couple of seconds for the last year plus. But my new location is very close to their hub so that helps. Less chance of issues with cables in the streets.

A lot of the time that they have issues it is not on their end, but on the U.S. side, at least for me. I have a higher speed connection and it drops my link directly at a U.S. location (Columbus Net) in Florida so that my IP actually appears as if it is from them. And I run pings every time it goes out and what I find most of the time is I can ping to Delancer and to Colubmus Net, but nothing beyond them. So calling Delancer in that case won't help and the low-end techs won't know anything.

I usually talk to the manager directly when I have to and if it is something on their end he will actually know about it already or start figuring it out. They all know me by now as I was a constant complainer in the beginning but since I have also helped them out with some tech stuff so it has become a good relationship and I get the attention of the right people when I call.

Some things you can ping to see where your problem might be.
1. your router - don't know your router's IP but you should know it. If you can't even ping your router then reset/fix the router.
2. your modem - don't know your's either but you can find it if you do a tracert to anything (e.g. tracert Google). The modem will be the second IP address on the list. If you can't ping the modem then reset it and if it is still no good call delancer.
3. delancer (router at their office). 10.9.10.1 is the IP for the faster connection. The slower connections route to a different device. I don't remember that IP but if you look at tracert it will be the third IP in the list. If you can't ping delancer then reset the modem and if still no good call delancer.
4. Columbus Net. If you have the fast connection you are getting dropped here. 69.79.26.101. I'm pretty sure you can ping them even if you aren't on the fast connection as I think they are open to the internet. If you were pinging delancer but not Columbus Net the problem could be delancer but not on your end. It would be on their end at the office or beyond that point or the problem could be with Columbus Net. Either way there is nothing you can do and it won't help to call delancer. If they aren't already aware of the problem on their end they will be soon enough. The last thing you want is for them to mess with or switch out your working modem.
5. Google. Just anything on the other side of Columbus Net. If you can get to Columbus Net but not google then the problem is Columbus Net. But then probably your DNS also isn't working so you'll find it hard to get anywhere if you don't know the IP which you probably don't for most web sites and for email and stuff. At this point there is nothing delancer can do.
Also, I have noticed sometimes there are issues with DNS even though connectivity is good. I don't accept the DNS defaults that pass down from the modem to the router. I set my primary DNS in my router to 8.8.8.8. It is very reliable. I set the secondary to 10.9.10.1. The secondary is at delancer. That way if the primary is unreachable because of a problem with Columbus Net I can still resolve and get to Dominican web sites. Obviously if Columbus Net is down I can't get to anything outside of the DR anyway.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks now. Good at times...terrible at others. Sometimes for a minute or two...sometimes for a whole day. It make me soo angry! :)

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I am having the same problem this afternoon. Off for a while last night. Same here bad for the past few weeks.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
DeLancer problems are simple - their capacity, both - cable and equipment. They need to upgrade both. But that's a lot of money. Thus far they are trying to accommodate, say, 1GBit/s of sold traffic on a single 100MBit/s cable.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
my DNS are 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2..........do i need three?

You don't need three, but it doesn't hurt. 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 are from the same provider and neither one is quite as reliable as 8.8.8.8 in my opinion but they are also good. What I would suggest is removing one of them and replacing it with a local one. At least then if the problem is between the DR and the rest of the world you may still be able to look at the few local websites that there are (news, some stores and such). But if you don't care about anything local then you are fine to leave it the way it is.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I'm having the same problem with Orange, since about 2 weeks. It works fine for most of the days, and suddenly it crashes for about 2mn, and then comes back. This is new.
It is NOT DNS related, as Skype goes out as well.

Aug 21, 2007
Yes, since Christmas, DeLancer has not been good. I take an online class from a US university and throughout the class, the connection is dropped - frustrating since I pay for higher speeds and better service. Don't you think it is due to the increased usage since it is high season here? I went in to say something to them today. Let's see if I get any response....

Lindsey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've never tried Delancer, I have tried Orange and Claro. Both suck. Been using Wind Telecom (3down/ 1up) here in SD since July of this year. Very happy with the service.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I have not had any issues since very early yesterday morning. All day yesterday and all day today have been fine. No drops. But as I said I am close to their hub so I don't experience many of the problems with bad cables in the streets. But that at least suggests that their equipment is working at their hub and that they might be done with their upgrading.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I have not had any issues since very early yesterday morning. All day yesterday and all day today have been fine. No drops. But as I said I am close to their hub so I don't experience many of the problems with bad cables in the streets. But that at least suggests that their equipment is working at their hub and that they might be done with their upgrading.
How many "hubs" do they have - and where/how do you know where they are ?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Bumping up an old thread... Can anyone comment on recent experience with Delancer Internet, have they fixed their slowness issues? - checking if they are worthwhile to sign up with.

Aug 21, 2007
I am perfectly happy. No slow speeds. But, I pay for higher speeds - am on their VIP program. Within the next month or so, I can tell how it is on both ends. I just installed internet in a studio condo I own. I paid for the second slowest option. Now I can report a true comparison.

Lindsey

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Any update on Delancer? We get kicked off the internet every 5 minutes. It's been going on for a month. We upgraded to the $51 service to see if it would make a difference but still sucks.