foreigner dies in an accident in sosua

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Looks a bit like the skinny little Dutch fella who runs the bar next to CMP on Sosua Beach. Was he walking down the road and
hit or was he on a moto? No helmet in the picture.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Stayed at Las Canas a few months, don't remember him...looks like press credentials?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What a shame. It really doesn't matter who is at fault. Someone died. Driving here during the daylight at times scares the cr@p out of me. Am I ever glad that my wife refuses to let me drive my moto after dark. Even if I had four wheels, knowing what I know and seeing what I have seen, it simply amazes me the number of people who can rationalize the increased risks here as being acceptable.

Good luck to you all.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What a shame. It really doesn't matter who is at fault. Someone died. Driving here during the daylight at times scares the cr@p out of me. Am I ever glad that my wife refuses to let me drive my moto after dark. Even if I had four wheels, knowing what I know and seeing what I have seen, it simply amazes me the number of people who can rationalize the increased risks here as being acceptable.

Good luck to you all.

i have no idea whose fault it is. what i do know is that the rank and file Dominican should not be allowed to drive a motorized vehicle. they just do not understand how to.

RIP..

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I dont know whose fault it is... What I am sure of is that trucks drive way way way to fast here. They just want to drive their waythrough and they think they can do it because they are bigger. Thats how it is here.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Is riding a moto more or less dangerous than walking at night on unlit highways? Sad to die in a senseless fashion. Condolences to the family. Ever notice Dominican women crossing the streets? They run even when there are no cars in sight. Smart!!!! Dominican men not so much.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I was crossing the street in NYC with a Dominican friend just off the plane from DR. I notice every time we crossed the street against the light she would take off running. I thought it was funny. I finally told her you don?t have to run because the majority of drivers stop for pedestrians crossing the street in the USA.
In DR I run across the street and look for drivers breaking the light. One of my friends was hit and killed in Sabaneta de Jessica by a bus driver. He never even stopped to make sure she was ok.
R.I.P Michael Funk.