what to do in case of motorbike accident ???

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
About 30 mn ago while drinking coffee across the roads at inlaws. Big bang.
2 motorcycles hit each other front on, at high speed. One coming up, younger guy, on the wromg side of the road ( eso ron apparently ), the other goimg downhill, on the r7ght side of the road. Both without lights. Both going to fast for the conditions, wet road, dark, light drizzle.

Anyway we run over, both guys lying on the road. Pull the motorcycles off them. Younger guy's legs,were at a weird angle.... and his head was bleeding.
The older guy ( the one who was not at fault..... and might of had a light )......... well his whole faced was caved in, all his teeth were scatterd on the road, couldnt see his nose for all the blood but also because it was completly smashed in...........
Normally I would of advised against moving them ( spinal imjury.....), but this being the dr, a. In the middle of the road in the dark, they would probably get run over and b. No one is coming to get them......911 ?? Heheheheheh.

So stopped a battered old pick up, man handeled the 2 guys into the back. Talk about deadweight...... thankfully my wife got us to turn the older one on his stomach or he would of drowned on his own blood.......

Younger one treated in local hospital. Older one evacuated to Santiago, as there is nothing they could do for him in the campo.....
Lets pray he makes to santiago, and also that he makes it, full point.

No helmets, of course......... another sad story.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No pas? na'.

They will survive.
Will it teach them?
No. :tired:

donP

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
When Dominican collides with Dominican - it's no one's fault. When Dominican collides with a gringo - it is always gringo's fault. Been there.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, back to your question:

Take pics and / or a video with your celular and post it on feisbuk or youtube... :bunny:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Desert Meeting Point

When Dominican collides with Dominican - it's no one's fault.

... and it can happen in the middle of the Sahara desert... they meet and crash... :paranoid: :classic: :rolleyes:

donP

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"No helmets, of course......... another sad story."
Indeed.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I feel sorry for the older guy. He had lights, he was on the right side of the road, was taking home to his wife and kids, some pumpkin, a pair of shoes and some medcine....... and some young borracho on a pimped up ( or down, if u see what I mean ) moto, with no lights, smashes into him on the wrong side of the road..........

We are supposed to be on the "young guy's " side, as he is from our campo. I didnt know him, but know his uncle. The older guy was from another campo........ yeah right....... I've heard the stories about the younger guy ( siempre andar borracho........ ).
The best ( or worst ) part is the younger guy was on a borrowed bike. Borrowed off the boyfriend of the sister of my SIL's husband ( now thats a mouthfull.......).
PN was round, we had locked up the 2 bikes at inlaws. Asked us to keep them to tomorrow as it is dark and wet and they dont feel like getting out of their car.....(!!!!!! !!!!!!!).

Back home now, trashed the T-shirt, drenched with blood........ washed hands 12 times.........
A bit shocked, a human being is only tissue and bones....... and they kind of tear open on impact.......
Wont be riding my motorbike for some time......

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Hope you are Ok with all that blood exposure. Nice of you to lend a hand.

My first reaction was like dumba$$es.......no way I am clearing up ure mess !!!!
But no, as much as I would like to think I am as cold as ice, automatic reaction is to run and help the poor guys....... u think " if I happen to be passed out on the road, bathing in my blood, I wish people react quickly and get me fast to a hospital......".

Everyone, mainly my in-laws reacted fast. No pictures taken:ninja::ninja:.
The first guy who turned up in his battered pick-up, was at first like " no way I am driving to hospital, I dont want anything to do with this ".
Then recognised us ( he is a local carro pubico driver), and said " well u guys will have my back, u all know I wasnt involved in the accident".
So we put them in the back and drove of to the nearby public hospital.
Even he was afraid he'd take the blame.......

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Speeding at night and damp road conditions equals disastrous outcome. I hope they both make it.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
You probably saved their lives, you are a hero!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
My first reaction was like dumba$$es.......no way I am clearing up ure mess !!!!
But no, as much as I would like to think I am as cold as ice, automatic reaction is to run and help the poor guys....... u think " if I happen to be passed out on the road, bathing in my blood, I wish people react quickly and get me fast to a hospital......".

Everyone, mainly my in-laws reacted fast. No pictures taken:ninja::ninja:.
The first guy who turned up in his battered pick-up, was at first like " no way I am driving to hospital, I dont want anything to do with this ".
Then recognised us ( he is a local carro pubico driver), and said " well u guys will have my back, u all know I wasnt involved in the accident".
So we put them in the back and drove of to the nearby public hospital.
Even he was afraid he'd take the blame.......

he will never get that lost gas money back....ever

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
About 30 mn ago while drinking coffee across the roads at inlaws. Big bang.
2 motorcycles hit each other front on, at high speed. One coming up, younger guy, on the wromg side of the road ( eso ron apparently ), the other goimg downhill, on the r7ght side of the road. Both without lights. Both going to fast for the conditions, wet road, dark, light drizzle.

So stopped a battered old pick up, man handeled the 2 guys into the back. Talk about deadweight...... thankfully my wife got us to turn the older one on his stomach or he would of drowned on his own blood.......

Good work, we need more like you. If people had not have helped me when I crashed, I might not be here now. So respect goes to you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
last year an old family friend (70 or so) was getting on a moto behind the driver when he saw fast approaching light of another moto. he managed to jump back when a moto hit them. both drivers died and he ended with several broken bones. the driver who caused an accident was in early 20s and had recently born child.

i know many people drive here without any problems but i was never fan of motos. i'd rather walk than take a motoconcho.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When Dominican collides with Dominican - it's no one's fault. When Dominican collides with a gringo - it is always gringo's fault. Been there.

Our Dominican niece was driving through an intersection with a green light - a motorcycle crossed right in front of her car, going through the red light, and hit her. He said [of course] that she hit him. He had a broken leg. Her insurance gave him 2 Million Pesos, and he wanted to be supported for the rest of his life. SMH

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's cheaper and more convenient to kill them rather than injure, really.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Well sadly, the older guy ( who was actually not that old..... but looked it with his face caved in......), passed away in a santiago hospital, last night.
RIP.

The younger one was moved to Mao from the campo hospital, because of a complication. But doing fine and moved back to a local clinic.
So he is the local kid, from my peque?o campo. While my wife and I were in PoP, everyone was according their storys to make him out as the victim.
And not the drunk, that he is.
Neither the reckless driver that he is.
And that he wasnt speeding, but he was.
And that he wasnt on the wrong side of the road, which he was.
And that he lights, which he didnt.
And that the bike was well maintained, which it wasnt. Sh!t state, and tires so worn out they looked like racimf slicks on a Formula1.

Anyway, he is part of the PICHARDOS ( can u believe it, lol ), they live up the hill from us. Huge family, full of denegerates and inbreeds.
The most hypocrit and "chimosa" people I have ever come to meet.
But not with me and my wife, so........
We live 100 m down the road. 4 houses. Mine and inlaws. And another house of another family.
My SIL, who's novio/husband is a pichardo too, pointed out that they wouldnt be able to get THEM ( thats me and my wife :devious: ), to twist the facts.
DAMN RIGHT.

Lets see how this turns out.
Hope he goes to prison.
Or that the relatives of the dead guy come down from their mountain and carve him up......