english school in montellano

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
an old pal of mine wants to help a bunch of kids there by sending them to learn english. they've going to some school already but i smell phony s**t. the place does not have to have any land line and even the only cell they had is now out of order. i tried to reach them several times, no success. i am looking for a reliable school that teaches english to kids from about 10 to 15 years old. only montellano, they have no money to travel elsewhere.
any advice?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am asking for any info on a decent school that teaches english as a foreign language. afternoon/weekend, that kind of thing, since the kids in question supposedly go to a regular school.

Aug 21, 2007
I know you wanted Montellano, dv8. My foundation, Strength for the Journey, is located in Sosua. We hold English classes for kids. They are free. At this moment, the class is full, but we will register for a new session and another class, if numbers permit, the week before Semana Santa. I don't think this will help you, but I thought I would throw it out, anyway.

Lindsey

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
This subject I know about. The large English school that everyone goes to in Montellano is TERRIBLE.

My partner was going there almost a year and he spoke no better English after about 9 months or so.
- The classes had min 40 kids in them
- Text book is full of errors
- The teacher was a jerk - who actually tried to raise my partners price once he learned I existed - meanwhile my partner was paying his school and could not afford the jacked price - so the guy had to bring it back down

I know a couple of people who went to that school there that work at the airport that speak English well - but I think its because of the people they are and how hard they studied and not because of that school. It is not worth 1 peso let alone the 400RD per mo. that they charge,